LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:59 am
Hi there guys!

I’ve always wanted to build this deck. I have the cards to do it for some time but only these days I could really build it and play with it. Here is the deck list:

Ring-bearer and the one ring:
•Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
•The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry

Draw Deck:

Companions:
1x •Eomer, Northman
1x •Eowyn, Northwoman
1x •Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg
1x •Theoden, Northman, King of Rohan
3x •Gandalf, Leader of the Company
1x •Radagast, The Brown
1x •Riders of the Mark (will be replaced for Aragorn as soon as I lay my hands in a copy of him)

Followers:
1x •Rohirrim Doorwarden

Possessions:
1x •Glamdring, Foe-hammer
1x •Firefoot, Mearas of The Mark
1x •Snowmane, Noble Mearas
1x •Eomer’s Spear, Trusty Weapon
1x •Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
1x •Herugrim, Sword of the Mark
1x •Sting, Weapon of Heritage
1x Orc Armor
1x Salt from the Shire

Conditions:
4x G for Grand
1x Watch and Wait
2x Into the Caves
1x •The Tale of the Great Ring
2x For Death and Glory
1x Song of the Shire
1x Golden Glimmer (I’m using it until I get the throne(thanks BoQ!) )

Events
4x Last Days of My House
2x Where Now The Horse

It ended up being a variation of the usual rohandalf decks with G for Grand. The strategy is pretty straight forward, I’ll just point out a few nuances of my own version:

Orc Armor - you may be wondering why this instead of Mithril-coat, Dwarf-mail ... well I want to get as many possessions in Frodo so Rohirrim Doorwarden gives him +3 strength when Frodo’s all geared. Frodo + Sting + Armor + Salt + Rohirrim Doorwarden + SAWTC = 10 not counting G for Grand. And besides that I get a hand with orcs and hunter uruks.

Song of the Shire - I just found this great card while searching my c/u for orc armor and decided to give it a shot. Very useful to save Eomer when he’s defender +1 or +2.

Where now the horse - I’m still thinking about replacing it with Long Live the Halflings, but I’m not sure.

I guess the rest is pretty explainable by itself.

Suggestions are always welcome Very Happy
BearerOfQuality
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:14 am
Nice premise there, and no worries on the card Very Happy Deck seems like a good standard Gand-han (or Grohan?) deck, but I’d ditch Firefoot. You’re just paying 2 twilight for a +1 strength bonus (Snowmane at least gives you +1 resistance for that G for Grand) and there are not token cards in the deck.. I’d suggest adding some copies of Spear of the Mark, but I’m stealing yours from you!

Also, who are your starting companions? Both Theoden and Eomer are 3 twilight without the usual -1, so I presume Eowyn (for assigning Frodo) and Gamling (to pull out those all important possessions). Just wondering as well, what would you pair this up with? I’m doing one exactly the same (hence needing Spear of the Mark) which I have paired with it’s opposite, a Uruk/Evil Men resistance deck
http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=harrisonl
(needs updating)

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Best. Film. Ever.
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:37 am
hahaha nevermind about the spears Wink

well you’re right about firefoot... he’s in basicly because he IS FIREFOOT and the pic is awesome and as a good rohan fan I’d feel really guilty for cutting him if you know what I mean Mr. Green

I was thinking about adding one spear of the mark for the future Aragorn as he is resistance 6, but I don’t know either... the truth is, even without G for Grand working for the :rohan: companion, they are still big it still keeps Frodo pretty strong and that was my main concern.

You mentioned twilight, well this deck is adding LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of twilight, specially with gamling (btw you were right about the starting fellowship) digging possesions and passing them to other companions and that kind of worries me, but I’ve played only one game with it and my brother (opponent) didn’t have good draws. I want to play agains besiegers or trolls to see how I do against them.

Yesterday I paired it with good old uruk site control, but usually I just design stand-alone FP and shadow sides and keep them separated, so when I play I pick one FP and one shadow side and I’m done. I hardly design both to work together.

Wow, big post Shocked . Post your own version afterwards Faramir.

Thanks for reviewing Very Happy!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard