LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
gil-estel
Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:12 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
OK FM, I know you’re a die-hard MTG lover, who wants to lure us lotrplayers in to the web of MTG. What if, maybe, I would get curious about MTG...what would be the best thing for me to do?
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
corvus
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:00 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Welcome onboard! Buy some 10th stuff i’d say! They’ll be available in standard format for long!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:07 am
Yeah, 10th edition is the way to go for a new player. It’s stuff that’ll be in standard for a long time, and the mechanics aren’t extremely complicated (at least not in comparison to some other sets).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:38 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
What I’d advise is to get your hands on some of 10th Edition’s theme decks. They’re smaller, mono-colored (simpler to play with), and 10th edition cards will be in Standard for the next 2 years. Then, I’d get my hands on a copy of the Tenth Edition Basic Rulebook, which can be found here, in the gray-ish box. Then, I’d try out a few hands with it, and then pop around here asking a bunch of questions that may have arised when playing. Also, if you can’t find a "tutor" (a more experienced player to walk you through the eraly steps), I’d try and get a second person to play with, so you two could learn together, like I did with LotR.
Also, keep a sharp eye for mtg.com saturday’s column, it always has some good advice for beginners (and even more experienced players every now and then). You can read the latest "issue" here.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions