LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
massimo
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:46 pm
I have a minion with 2 vitality assigned to a companion with 1 vitality, I play Final Triumph and I use vitality to resolve a skimish instead of strenght
QUESTIONS:

1)The comapnion is overwhelmed?

2)In this case the vitality is considered strenght or not?

3)My opponent could use an event to add...Example +2 to the strenght of his companion?

Sorry for my bad english
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:53 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
As far as I’m concerned, Final Triumph does not switch vitality with strength, it merely replaces the criteria involved in resolving a skirmish, usin vitality INSTEAD of strength. Overwhelming is pretty specific, stating that when a character has double the STRENGTH of the other, it’s overwhelmed, so no. Also, if you pump his strength, good for you, it’s pumped, but it won’t affect the vitality, which is what is being analyzed in the skirmish.
I don't like YOU.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:53 pm
This question is very tough to answer as Decipher have not clarified this.

The definition of overwhelm is the strength is double or more. So there are 2 ways of looking at it.

1. Vitality replaces strength as it says "use vitality to resolve" so it is overwhelmed.

2. It is vitality not strength so you cannot overwhelm using vitality.

This is the most unclear part. I dont think anyone knows the answer for sure. I would guess the second is true.

I dont think if you play a strength event that it will increase the vitality. A minion with 9 str and 2 vit with a +2 strength event will not go from 2 vitality to 4. That im sure of.

Edit: FM beat me to the answer but good to see he agrees.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions