LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:26 pm
I’m running Thallids, I throw out a bunch of Saproling tokens. Say I use Conspiracy to make all my Saproling tokens become Fungus tokens. With Sporesower Thallid, do I now get to put spore tokens on my Fungus tokens? And how do you keep track of it?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:34 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yes, you do. It may be a bit hard to keep track, yes, if you use counters as tokens, like most of us do. However, nowadays, tokens are actually cards (you can get some in 10th edition booster packs, although I’m not usre if Saproling is available), so you’d do the same as you do with Sporesower Thallid. I’d advise you to use some crappy LotR cards as tokens, so you can tell the difference (in other words, do NOT use cards such as MtG cards, basic lands, cards flipped over, etc).
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:52 am
Thanks. I got Hobbit Swords coming out my nose...and they’re also green, so that helps...

That’s just weird, putting tokens on tokens...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:38 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
It’s not like that, you’re puttint COUNTERS on TOKENS. A token is something that represents a permanent, it "exists on its own". A counter is something you put ON a permanent (or a player, in case of poison counters), so you can’t have a counter in play, although you can have a permanent (even a token) with any number of counters on it.
Also, notice that Conspiracy does not add to the creature’s type, it effectively replaces it for what you choose, so if you decide their all fungus, then any ability requiring you to sacrifice a saproling can’t be used (you’ll put the tokens into play as saproling tokens, and conspiracy will effectively turn them into fungus after they hit the board, before you receive priority to do anything). Also, being a fungus does not automatically grant you the saproling-producing ability, notice that each of them HAVE the ability on the card, so unless you have a Sporoloth Ancient out, you won’t be able to turn those counters into creatures. Last, if you use Conspiracy to turn them into saprolings instead of the opposite (Sporoloth Ancient will make sure they keep producing creatures anyway), then Sporesower Thallid’s ability won’t work anymore, since you’ll have no fungi. So, short story, you shouldn’t run conspiracy in a Thallid deck, specially since the blasted thing costs a BUNCH of mana. Conspiracy is meant for mono-tribal decks, being VERY good nowadays with slivers, but your deck MUST have both tribes working for synergy, both saprolings and fungi.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions