LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kaiser
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:51 pm
This past weekend, the LOTR European Continental Championships were held in Berlin, Germany. I’m proud to say that we had a total of 35 players for Day 1, despite people everywhere telling us the game was dead.

Results and post-event coverage can be found on www.open-cards.com !

Thanks to everyone who participated, you were a great crowd, and I hope you enjoyed the weekend as much as the organization team did! Applause

Until next time,

J
Last edited by Kaiser on Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:58 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sweet!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheHobbit13
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:42 pm
cool cookiess
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
Glamdring
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:47 pm
Did you win? Or are you just proud of it being in your own country. It sure sounded like you were on of the players. Applause
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:50 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Winner? Decklists? You know, we REALLY need to get some good reports going... Would help keeping the forums up immensely!
I don't like YOU.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:39 pm
Oh yeah I was going to say we need decklists. Would definitely would like to take a chance to look at those.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Kaiser
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:30 am
Glamdring wrote:
Did you win? Or are you just proud of it being in your own country. It sure sounded like you were on of the players. Applause

No, I didn’t win, or even play for that matter. As a player, I was busy playing Star Trek CCG, but as a member of the orga team, I was the LOTR coordinator for the event, which basically meant I was the one contacting player groups in Europe and trying to convince them to come to Berlin. After dozens of e-mails, in the end we had players from 5 different countries, so we were quite happy with the turnout.

The two finalists were Bastian Horn from Germany and Jakub Dutkowski from Poland. Jakub played a Maneuver/Archery-Phase Direct Damage Fellowship. Bastian played an Elven Deck with massive companions. Both had to face Nazgul. After three games, Jakub won 2:1, and as far I understand it, neither of the players made any mistake throughout their games.

By the way, Decipher was really generous with their prize support: We had 8 boxes of Treachery & Deceit, 16 sets of Ages End, about 5 complete sets of Rise of Saruman Legends/Masterworks foils sets, and several T&D foil sets to give to the players. Oh, and we had some trophies made for the winners. Nice, eh?

We’ll start posting decklists and tournament reports on www.open-cards.com later this week, so if you want to see what decktypes were succesful, make sure to head over to our little website during the coming weeks.

Johannes
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thanks for all the info GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Glamdring
Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:24 pm
Kaiser wrote:
Glamdring wrote:

No, I didn’t win, or even play for that matter. As a player, I was busy playing Star Trek CCG, but as a member of the orga team, I was the LOTR coordinator for the event, which basically meant I was the one contacting player groups in Europe and trying to convince them to come to Berlin. After dozens of e-mails, in the end we had players from 5 different countries, so we were quite happy with the turnout.

The two finalists were Bastian Horn from Germany and Jakub Dutkowski from Poland. Jakub played a Maneuver/Archery-Phase Direct Damage Fellowship. Bastian played an Elven Deck with massive companions. Both had to face Nazgul. After three games, Jakub won 2:1, and as far I understand it, neither of the players made any mistake throughout their games.

By the way, Decipher was really generous with their prize support: We had 8 boxes of Treachery & Deceit, 16 sets of Ages End, about 5 complete sets of Rise of Saruman Legends/Masterworks foils sets, and several T&D foil sets to give to the players. Oh, and we had some trophies made for the winners. Nice, eh?

We’ll start posting decklists and tournament reports on www.open-cards.com later this week, so if you want to see what decktypes were succesful, make sure to head over to our little website during the coming weeks.

Johannes

Cool, I bet you had fun. Thanks for responding. Wink
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion