LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
thonnas7
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:31 pm
Alright, I’ve jumped back full circle into the realm of LotR TCG. I’m getting bored of my current deck and am trying something new. I came up with this deck, but just want everyone’s opinions on what to do with it.

Ring-Bearer: 2

x1 Frodo, Weary From the Journey
x1 The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Fellowship: 35

x1 Mablung, Ranger of Ithilien [Starting]
x1 Gimli, Eager Hunter x1
x2 Eomer, Horsemaster
x2 Aragorn, Defender of Rohan
x1 Gamling, The Old
x1 Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
x4 Rohirrim Bow
x4 Rohirrim Shield
x2 Banner of the Mark
x2 Rohirrim Javelin
x2 Riddermark Javelin
x2 For Death and Glory
x4 Brilliant Light
x4 Grim Trophy
x3 Our Inspiration
x2 Last Days Of My House

Strategy: This Rohan deck mixes the old style with the new style. In our meta, there is usually one extremely weak minion played. The plan is to assign that minion to Frodo so all the companions become hunter 1. But, before the skirmish phases, I try to take out as many minions as possible with archery fire, wounds etc., so my hunter companions will be able to take on the leftovers.

Shadow: 35

x4 Watcher in the Water, Keeper of Westgate
x3 Host of Moria, Legion of the Underdeeps
x4 Foul Tentacle
x4 Huge Tentacle
x4 Reaching Tentacle
x4 Strong Tentacle
x4 Dark Places
x4 Evil-Smelling Fens
x4 Foul Things

Strategy: The strategy is fairly straight forward. Hold back until site four, only playing to unclog your hand. Then at site four or five, lay it on them for the rest of the game.
Last edited by thonnas7 on Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:54 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
A couple initial suggestions:

I’d start with Eomer and Gamling, personally. Then possibly add another hunter (a splashable one like Gimli, Eager Hunter, Legolas, Of the Woodland Realm, or Elven Guardian would be your best picks) and start with East Wall of Rohan and exert Eomer and Gamling to play that hunter, making Gamling’s strength +3 trigger from the get-go. Optionally, you could splash in a ranger that happens to be a hunter (there are plenty to choose from) and start with The Prancing Pony instead and play the third hunter that way.

You could also use a little more healing. I’d find a way to squeeze in another Rohirrim Shield, and perhaps also try and fit in With Strength to Fight.

Two other potential additions: Into the Caves and Where Now the Horse. Both might be worth considering since you have Aragorn, Defender of Rohan in the deck.

But overall, not bad. Not bad at all. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:39 am
I agree. Start Gamling, The Old. Then, run another hunter to grab with East Wall of Rohan and give Gamling the boost (what he said).
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
thonnas7
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:52 pm
You can’t start Gamling and Eomer together in this deck. Eomer costs 3 unless you can spot a Rohan Man and you can’t play Gamling unless you can already spot a Rohan Man. So I’m stuck there...

I like the idea of starting a 1 twilight hunter though and then grabbing Gamling.

*deck edited*

Also, took out two of the old Watcher for two of the new one.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open