LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:55 am
Which is why any judge worth his salt is going to make sure he has the latest CRD and Comprehensive rules book as well as any other current rulings from the Decipher gameplay board.

That was just poor judging. I’d hate to play in a game where that went on. I’d argue with the judge since I usually bring the latest CRD and rule book with me.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Kaiser
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:10 am
A few comments:

The judge in question was not appointed by DGMA/Decipher, or anyone else. He was a volunteer. As far as I know, he’s a former dAgent, and hadn’t done any judging since 2005, iirc.

This person was the ONLY person who had volunteered to run the LOTR Continentals, which means he alone was responsible for running a 6-rounds tournament with 35 players, doing all the judging, pairings, etc. himself (+ running a side event afterwards, + handling the Top 8 knock-out stages on Day 2, + running a World Championship Qualifier with 16 players at the same time the finals were running). Although we were trying to find additional judges/volunteers for more than 4 months before the tournament took place, there were, apart from this judge, exactly 0 people willing to help us!

I’m sorry that this person made a bad ruling, and even more so if it led to players losing games they might otherwise have won, but, please, understand that he was the only guy we had, and to be honest, he worked his arse off and did a terrific job over the whole weekend.

By the way, the latest CRD and rulings documents were present, as was an internet connection to look up rulings on the D boards. Why these resources were not used, I don’t know.

I understand that some of you might be angry now, but at least we HAD a judge. This guy spent an entire weekend of his spare time running LOTR TCG tournaments FOR FREE, it’s not that he got anything for it in return.

If there are people who think they can do a better job, I invite you all to join the organization team for next year. We’re happy for everybody who helps us, and we would gladly have someone on board whose rules knowledge is thorough and up-to-date. I know it’s hard to pass on playing and help judging, but unless we find some more volunteers, you will have to be content with the people we have.

Again, sorry for this bad ruling.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:58 am
Hey kaiser, who are you? You seem very authoratitive and keep saying "we", that implies you work for D. Can you elaborate?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Hedgehog81
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:03 am
Kaiser wrote:
A few comments:
...he worked his arse off and did a terrific job over the whole weekend.

I quote.

Just let u all Know,I opened this tread not to complain about judging at EC Shame on you , I think noone has the rights to judge the work of another person,I opened this tread simply because it’s sound strange to me that toldea could bring DA back,and i asked CC boarders,perhaps I missed some rule about it.

PS for KAISER: Where can I found the EC pictures? (I hope in a best quality),i’d like to have all the pictures of my group (one of the most filmed and photographed,we were everywhere),the pictures i’d like to have most is the shoot of my 1 inch token-tall Faithful Stones at site 9 Mr. Green

PPS We want to CONGRATS another time the EC organizzation 2007,it was very very very well organizzed,I hope u will organize it next year.
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
Kaiser
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:38 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Hey kaiser, who are you? You seem very authoratitive and keep saying "we", that implies you work for D. Can you elaborate?

Nah, I’m not someone you should know. I was simply part of the team that organized this year’s European Continentals. Since Decipher does no longer have employees in Europe, they asked one of Europe’s most competent & dedicated Star Trek CCG players to organize and run the Continentals for Trek & Rings this year. He in turn asked a couple of other guys, including myself, to join the team and help him (contacting players, organizing a venue, getting sponsors aboard, stuff like that). The problem was, apart from 1 person, all the other guys (like myself) are playing Trek exclusively and know next to nothing about Rings rulings, so we had no-one else to take care of the Rings tournaments. But all in all, for first-timers I think we did a decent job, we had a total of 70 players for Rings & Trek, and so far the feedback we’ve had was fantastic.

Hedgehog81 wrote:
Just let u all Know,I opened this tread not to complain about judging at EC , I think noone has the rights to judge the work of another person,I opened this tread simply because it’s sound strange to me that toldea could bring DA back,and i asked CC boarders,perhaps I missed some rule about it.

PS for KAISER: Where can I found the EC pictures? (I hope in a best quality),i’d like to have all the pictures of my group (one of the most filmed and photographed,we were everywhere),the pictures i’d like to have most is the shoot of my 1 inch token-tall Faithful Stones at site 9

PPS We want to CONGRATS another time the EC organizzation 2007,it was very very very well organizzed,I hope u will organize it next year.

Thank you very much. At the moment, things are looking good that the 2007 team will to do it again next year, if the players want us to.

As for this thread, I know you didn’t want to complain, I just wanted to give the people on this board some background information. It’s good you let me know about this ruling issue, I will definitely bring it up among the team so it won’t happen again next time.

Oh, yes, the pictures...I don’t know when they will be published, but I hope it won’t take much longer. I will let you know once they’re available.

(For those who weren’t in attendance, we had a media team present that took tons of photos, and did some other nice stuff, like putting a camera above the LOTR TCG finals table so that everybody could watch the finals on a big screen, while the finalists were sitting in a quiet, separated area.)
Hedgehog81
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:13 am
Kaiser wrote:
(For those who weren’t in attendance, we had a media team present that took tons of photos, and did some other nice stuff, like putting a camera above the LOTR TCG finals table so that everybody could watch the finals on a big screen, while the finalists were sitting in a quiet, separated area.)

This is what he’s talking about Mr. Green

PICTURE
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions