LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:11 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, this came up in the Strategy Article discussing the Expanded ME draft box.

Elladan, Son of Elrond has an ability that makes Elrohir, Son of Elrond twilight cost -2. Elrohir has an identical ability. So, once you play one of them, you can play the other at twilight cost one.

Here’s the debate. Since they’re both twilight cost 3, can you only play the two of them, or can you utilize the other’s identical game text to make them both then twilight cost 1, allowing you to play another companion?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:16 pm
I don’t have a specific reference to any part of the rules, but I know for a fact that they cost a total of 4 when in your starting fellowship.

If Decipher meant them to only cost a total of 2, then they would have notified Worlds Apart and had them change the Online game, because the Online game has them cost 4.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bibfortuna25
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:19 pm
You play your starting companions one at a time. If you play Elladan first, he costs 3. He then reduces the cost of Elrohir by 2, so when you play both, you have used all 4 of your available twilight.

While it is true that Elrohir also reduces Elladan’s twilight cost by 2, this is irrelevant. You only check the costs of cards when they areNOLINK coming into play. You don’t recalculate their costs after the fact.
All cards do what they say.
sperzdechly
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:43 am
There is no place for a dabate - you play companions one at the time. First of them costs 3, the other has twilight cost -2, so you have to pay for him 1, giving together 4.
EOT
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
my brother and I had a big debate on this also do you add the twilight for your starting companions on your first turn or si it never added?

what does EOT mean?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:21 pm
You don’t add the twilight for your starting companions. Cobra
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sperzdechly
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:51 pm
EOT means End of Topic
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:38 pm
The Comprehensive Rules Version 4.0 states in regard to starting companions:

Comprehensive Rules 4.0 wrote:
Your fellowship begins with a character bearing The One Ring. This can be any character with the ringed resistance icon, or any version of Frodo. That character gains the keywords Ring-bearer and Ring-bound, if he does not already have them.
Place your Ring-bearer face up on the table. Place The One Ring under your Ring-bearer (so the title is showing) and place on him the burdens that you bid.
You may then play other companions (not allies, possessions, artifacts, or conditions) one at a time from your draw deck, as long as the total twilight cost of these companions is 4 or less. The twilight cost of your Ring-bearer is not included in this total.
Don’t place any tokens into the twilight pool for the cards in your starting fellowship. Site text is not active when the starting fellowships are played.
No tokens = 0 twilight paid for starting companions... Companions are played one at a time, game text is not active until the card has been played.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions