LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
fishfleas
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:53 am
Alright,
It’s taking too long in my opinion for the official PC to get going. I told some of them working on it I would hush up for the time being. I had been trying to get something moving a while back. Unfortunately I’m not seeing any progress made, and I am therefore starting this discussion to hopefully get something going on this.

Forming a PC isn’t going to be the simplest process in the world. We need players that will be able to dedicate time to the process of carrying on this game. We’ll need to develop a mission statement, and lay out structure to encourage balanced developement of sets. We’ll want to, most importantly, try to keep the player base incorporated into the process.

If there are any players here that you would like to nominate to be on the committee please let me know. I look forward to working with you all, and seeing what skills you all bring to the table.

Thanks,
Fishfleas
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:14 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
The PC that’s "taking too long" is only doing so because it’s waiting for legal issues with Decipher to be cleared up. I’d recommend waiting for that as well, and then trying to all work together. If we try to form two or three or more PCs, then no one PC will be able to really take hold and work.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
hawkeyespf
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:18 am
Agreed - at the risk of sounding like a politician, we must be patient. No legal issue has ever worked itself out in a day (unless a celebrity was involved...), and we do want the PC to be in the good graces of all possible interested parties.

Let’s wait for Seth to get it worked out - but feel free to ’nudge’ him along, yeah? Wink
Rathmaker
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:20 pm
hawkeyespf wrote:
Agreed - at the risk of sounding like a politician, we must be patient. No legal issue has ever worked itself out in a day (unless a celebrity was involved...), and we do want the PC to be in the good graces of all possible interested parties.

Let’s wait for Seth to get it worked out - but feel free to ’nudge’ him along, yeah? Wink

I whole heartily agree that we need to let the people that can do something the time to get something done.

I am just as anxious as everyone else to get things rolling. But at the same time I want the people involved to make sure all precautions are made to assure that we are all able to enjoy a structured LOTR TCG community and not be scattered. (on a similar note: anyone in Northern Indiana still around playing by chance? I have not played much since Shadows, but have continued to collect and keep an eye on the game.)

Inside I really hope that Decipher can leave the relationship with me on good terms by assisting in any way they can in setting this up. I, like many other players, have been loyal customers of Decipher since the ST/SWCCG days. This is the last game that they produce/have produced left that I still play, and I have supported them for over 11 years. Decipher used to be a awesome company. I just hope they can end their relationship with players, like myself, on good terms...and not with a bad after taste.
fishfleas
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:41 pm
My issue is that I have been in contact with Seth, and I’m not getting much feedback. At the same time I’m seeing numerous people dropping out of the already dwindling playing community. Something needs to be done to keep the last remnants together, and the legal issues really aren’t an issue unless you are talking sanctioned tournies and what not.

An online community has existed in the past and it could thrive again using sda and the world wide League. This is a tremendous tool we could be using to further the play of this game, but we are only losing valuable players by waiting on sanctions from a company.

A council should be formed, and action should be started before we lose the valuable players that we have left.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:26 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but what is the point if they can’t do anything? without the legal support the only thing they can do is talk. CC already has that.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fishfleas
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:07 pm
You can do all kinds of stuff with sda, and we can form the council. Then the council can begin the long process of set creation and how to keep the game alive. If we pick up official support in the process, then great. In the mean time I see no reason why we need to wait on Decipher to ok anything. We just will have to remain "unofficial" until we get official support.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:06 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Why don’t we just do something without the name "Player’s Council", and then be prepared to junk it when the real PC comes along?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion