LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NBarden
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:28 pm
--- description ---
Once upon a time, an elf named Galadriel had a Silver Ewer and beat up all the nasty bad guys with it.
--- end description ---

37 cards

Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
Ring of Rings

Elladan, Son of Elrond
Elrohir, Son of Elrond

Arwen, She-Elf x 3
Aragon, Defender of Free Peoples x 3
Gil-Galad, High King of the Noldor x 3

Galadriel’s Silver Ewer x 3
Gift of the Evenstar, Blessed Light x 2
Anduril, Sword that Was Broken
Aiglos

Banner of Elbereth x 2
Asfaloth, Swift Blossom x 2

Strength of Arms x 2
Into the West x 2

Still Needed x 4
Supporting Fire x 3
Final Shot x 2
Lothlorien Guides x 2

Gil-Galad/Into the West grabs everything you need. Asfaloth heals like crazy, and the token cards reinforce like crazy, with help from Galadriel’s Silver Ewer. Banner of Elbereth + Still Needed works like a charm (thanks to gil-estel for the idea), and reinforces tokens all the while. LG and Anduril trash conditions (with Gil-Galad helping LG trash anything necessary), and if your conditions get discarded, Gil-Galad!

Aragorn and Arwen fight like mad with the tokens you supply, as do the Twin Brothers with events, and you should have enough events to cushion Galadriel, thanks to Gil-Galad, if you have to.

Oh yeah, Galadriel’s Silver Ewer is pretty nasty as well. And with Aiglos, Gil-Galad can even fight. The only weak companion is Galadriel, and you should have enough warning to protect her fast enough.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:31 pm
Maybe you could take Gil-galad/Into the West abuse all the way with four copies each, and possibly add a third copy of Lothlorien Guides. Against beatdown decks just grab the events you need; against condition-based decks like NG hopefully you’ll draw a Guides earlier and then just nuke everything in maneuver. Although if I did that, I might ditch the token angle completely and throw in Cirdan... which is probably not what you want.

So back to your deck, the card count seems a bit high. It might work better to trim your token side down a little and use it more as a backup. You’d also be less vulnerable to your tokens fizzling in case Strength of Arms gets discarded.

To that end I’d drop Arwen completely (incidentally, I don’t think anything in your deck actually requires her). The brothers take on minions normally, Aragorn guzzles your token stash in a pinch, and Gil-galad hangs around to smack stragglers. That cuts your deck by three cards and also makes it immune to large-fellowship hate.

As for the rest, I’d really need to playtest this to figure out the exact numbers of those cards. Maybe drop one copy each of Gift of the Evenstar and Asfaloth, and add Uncertain Future and Shadow Between in their place. Uncertain Future starts out with 3 Elven tokens ready to be reinforced by the Ewer, and you can remove a token to reveal the top card of your draw deck and place it beneath your deck if it’s not to your liking. Useful for cycling, especially if you don’t want to leave Still Needed on your deck for Into the West. Shadow Between can work as your regular token-free healing, leaving Asfaloth to the heavy duty stuff.

That drops the size to 34 cards, maybe a couple more after testing. Cool deck! Thumbs Up
NBarden
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:23 pm
Arwen: Remove an Elven token to make a minion skirmishing her strength -2. Toned down Aragorn, and can be pumped with skirmish events.

Gil-Galad and Into The West are really not that important till a little later in the game.

And all the threat removal + 6 vitality comps + LG already nukes NG pretty bad.

I do like the Uncertain Future idea...but Gift of the Evenstar already cycles pretty well...hm...

I KNOW! Woodhall Elf! d’oh. Brick wall
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded