LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Atse_Kashte
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:21 pm
Quote:
The way it works is you connect to another player via their I.P. address. You can find that # by looking at the top left of the SDA screen once you’ve opened up the window.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m certain the number in the top left of SdA is your local IP address and not your router’s. In other words, that number should only be able to work if your computers are connected via LAN. Then again, I’m not a computer whiz or anything.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:24 pm
Correct. Go to whatsmyipaddress.com for your external.

You can host if you’ve forwarded port 10000 from your router to you computer. Anything pinging your router on port 10000, which SdA uses, gets forwarded to your computer. Go into router settings, under advanced, select port forwarding. The range should be 10000 - 10000. Enter your computer’s static ip address, and it should work.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
thonnas7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:48 pm
NBarden wrote:

You can host if you’ve forwarded port 10000 from your router to you computer. Anything pinging your router on port 10000, which SdA uses, gets forwarded to your computer. Go into router settings, under advanced, select port forwarding. The range should be 10000 - 10000. Enter your computer’s static ip address, and it should work.

That site tells me I live in Norwood, Minnesota. O.O
Atse_Kashte
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:10 pm
thonnas7 wrote:

Well do you?
Last edited by Atse_Kashte on Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
macheteman
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:10 pm
NBarden wrote:

ok, i’m pretty computer ignorant, so can you tell me where to find my router settings? and how do i find my static ip?
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Atse_Kashte
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:17 pm
macheteman wrote:
ok, i’m pretty computer ignorant, so can you tell me where to find my router settings? and how do i find my static ip?

Go to Start Menu -> Run -> cmd -> ipconfig.

That should tell you your local, or static IP address.

Now start up your internet browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox) and type that number into the address bar (that place which right now should say http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=96897#96897). This should open your router settings page. From there, it should ask your user name and password. If noone has changed it, the username should be "admin" and the password "password" (both without quotation marks). Next go to the port forwarding settings page and enter add new custom setup. Name the application whatever you want it to be, it doesn’t matter, and enter the starting and ending port numbers as 10000. For the server ip address, enter the same number that you found using the aforesaid method. That should work. If you have any problems along the way, PM me. I should be on later this evening to help you out.

Also, the "whatsmyipaddress" site can only give you a rough approximation of your location based on your local ISP’s server location. So if the site gives you a wrong location, it probably just means that your ISP is not located anywhere near you.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:42 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anyone up for a game now? (7:45 EST)
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
macheteman
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:15 pm
hey dain, check your pm’s, i don’t think it will let you connect, but you can try.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
thonnas7
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:52 pm
Atse_Kashte wrote:
thonnas7 wrote:

Well do you?

I live in Oregon...
Atse_Kashte
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:31 am
It was a joke.