LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:12 pm
I’m in the process of moving out of my apartment (thank heavens... I hate this place).

So I think I’ll do some DCs. It’s been a spell.

2 *Gandalf’s Staff, Instrument of the White Istar Gandalf
Artifact * Staff
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Each time an artifact or possession is played on a minion, you may exert Gandalf to discard it. That minion’s owner may make that minion strength -4 until the regroup phase to prevent this.
"’Saruman, your staff is broken!’"

3 *The Sun Defeated Uruk-hai
Condition * Support Area
Each time an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai is about to take a wound that would make it exhausted, you may prevent that.
Regroup: Discard 2 Uruk-hai Uruk-hai to play the fellowship’s next site.
"’They can move great distances in daylight. They no longer fear the sun.’"

1 Escaped from Capture Shire
Event * Response
If the fellowship just moved, discard a Free Peoples possession from hand to play an unbound Hobbit from your discard pile.
Sensing his only chance, Pippin broke through the ranks of Uruk-hai and sped into the darkness.

2 Dark Roads Repaired Sauron
Condition * Site
To play, exert a Sauron Orc. Plays on a site. Limit 1 per site.
While you control this site, the site number of each Sauron Orc is -1.
Regroup: Discard this condition to take up to 2 Sauron cards into hand from your discard pile.
The power of the Dark Lord extended beyond all borders.

Wiggity-w00t.
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:05 am
menace64 wrote:
I’m in the process of moving out of my apartment (thank heavens... I hate this place).

Artifact * Staff
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Each time an artifact or possession is played on a minion, you may exert Gandalf to discard it. That minion’s owner may make that minion strength -4 until the regroup phase to prevent this.

Cool.

Condition * Support Area
Each time an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai is about to take a wound that would make it exhausted, you may prevent that.

I would discard tis condition in the regroup action. Also think its too good, this would mean they could never die. Say a minion has 2 vitality and i beat it with a damage + 1 sword. You can prevent the first then prevent the second as both would result in exhaustion.

Event * Response
If the fellowship just moved, discard a Free Peoples possession from hand to play an unbound Hobbit from your discard pile.
Sensing his only chance, Pippin broke through the ranks of Uruk-hai and sped into the darkness.

Odd mechanism, cant see why a possession would allow playing of a hobbit but its fine.

Condition * Site
Regroup: Discard this condition to take up to 2 Sauron cards into hand from your discard pile.

Think the regroup is too powerful. Maybe 1 card. Rest is ok.

Wiggity-w00t.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:54 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
menace64 wrote:

Artifact * Staff
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
the minion of the possession? Clarify

Condition * Support Area
cool, but make it 1 uruk-hai

Event * Response
nice

Condition * Site

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Glamdring
Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:11 pm
menace64 wrote:

Artifact * Staff
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.

Wiggity-w00t.

Wouldn’t it be better if it said "make a minion strength -3" instead of four? Four does seem a bit harsh. Anyway, cool idea menace.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Thranduil
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:15 pm
menace64 wrote:
Artifact * Staff
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.

I think -4 is fine - artifacts and possessions are quite rarely played on minions so I might even be worried this card is underpowered.

menace64 wrote:
Condition * Support Area

Yes, far too powerful - makes Fortitude look absolutely terrible. Have a cost for the first ability and it will be fine.

menace64 wrote:
Event * Response

I don’t understand the connection between a possession and playing an unbound Hobbit. Maybe make it just a FP card?

menace64 wrote:
Condition * Site

If you’ve got site at the top, you don’t need ’Plays on a site’ and vice versa. And I agree with lem0n, 1 card is more than enough (or maybe 2 Sauron conditions or possessions).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards