LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:27 pm
These aren’t really competitive Shadow sides, but just fun to play.

First up is a damage bonus theme:

Shadow (30):

4 Advance Uruk Patrol
4 Siege Troop
2 Uruk Captain
4 Uruk Outrider
4 Uruk Village Stormer

2 Burning of Westfold
2 Saruman’s Power

1 Lurtz’s Battle Cry
2 Sack of the Shire
1 Savagery to Match Their Numbers
4 We Are the Fighting Uruk-hai

Take control of a site with a Siege Troop to activate the damage bonus from WAtFUh and smack whoever gets in your way. It’s especially fun against condition-based decks. Burning of Westfold discards a condition whenever you play an Uruk-hai, and every so often Saruman’s Power comes along to wipe the table clean.

A pity it’s outgunned by Dwarves and dies to mass wounding. However if, say, a certain knight deck was annoying you...

---

Second is a Pillage of Rohan build:

Shadow (30):

4 Siege Troop
2 Uruk Captain
2 Uruk Outrider
4 Uruk Veteran
4 Uruk Village Stormer

4 Broad-bladed Sword

2 Burning of Westfold
2 Pillage of Rohan
2 Race Across the Mark

4 We Are the Fighting Uruk-hai

Pillage of Rohan prevents the Free Peoples player from playing skirmish events or using skirmish special abilities, but you’ve first got to stack an Uruk-hai on a site you control. So worst case scenario, what you can do is stick a Broad-bladed Sword on a Veteran, then use Race Across the Mark to cancel the wimpy Veteran’s skirmish. During the regroup phase the Veteran stacks itself on a site. Let the beatdown begin!

Suggestions welcome.

Edit: Ghastly Wound wasn’t doing too much with only 8 Uruk-hai minions, and was either wasted or unneeded on the Outrider. In its place I added Lurtz’s Battle Cry, Savagery to Match Their Numbers, and 2x Sack of the Shire. Less of a damage bonus theme but the fierce is really helpful.
Last edited by Elessar's Socks on Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
NBarden
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:02 pm
Also fun is a Site Control Swarm build. Awesome with those dudes that stack on sites and play off them for cheap. Twisted Evil And then those guys that are twilight cost -1 for each site you control.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:31 pm
Heh, what I really want is a fast, dependable way of controlling multiple sites. A consistent strength +5 and damage +1 bonus from Land Had Changed is just what my deck needs to get those skirmishes into high gear. Actually tested it with White Hand Sieger back when I was reading it wrong (heh), and well... it was awesome. Even got damage +3 bonuses from the Blades. Laughing Maybe WHS ought to be "clarified" appropriately. Twisted Evil

So what’s the typical Uruk-hai beatdown deck like? I thought there’d surely be some escalation, but a 13 strength Lurtz for 7 seems overcosted these days. What am I missing?
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:55 am
Several Blade of the White Hand, Chasing Uruks, Poised for Assault, You Do Not Know Pain for site control. You Do Not Know Fear, White Hand Guard, Ugluk, UF, Mauhur, and a bunch of big tough guys with of course 4x Violent Hurl and some Broken In Defeat.

Site control swarm runs a fun deck based on Attack on Helm’s Deep and Down to the Last Child.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:55 am
Several Blade of the White Hand, Chasing Uruks, Poised for Assault, You Do Not Know Pain for site control. You Do Not Know Fear, White Hand Guard, Ugluk, UF, Mauhur, and a bunch of big tough guys with of course 4x Violent Hurl and some Broken In Defeat.

Site control swarm runs a fun deck based on Attack on Helm’s Deep and Down to the Last Child.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded