LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:04 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’ll wait to see what rewrites you do before reviewing.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:25 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Thranduil’s idea is excellent, something I was kinda getting at. I like the idea of having the other player "solve" the riddle...although the last sentence of the card, shouldn’t it be "to unsolve this riddle or discard..."?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:35 pm
Interesting, Thranduil!

I’ll mull it over and post a new version (along with maybe a companion) soon.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:09 pm
1 *Sun on the Daisies Shire
Condition * Support Area
Riddle.
At the start of the regroup phase, the first shadow player may spot 3 unwounded minions to solve this riddle.
Unsolved: Each Hobbit is strength +1.
Solved: Each Hobbit is resistance -1.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert a Hobbit to solve or discard this riddle.
’An eye in a blue face/Saw an eye in a green face./"That eye is like to this eye"/Said the first eye,/"But in low place,/Not in high place."’

0 *Bilbo, Winner of the Riddle-Game Shire
Companion * Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 10
Ring-bearer.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert Bilbo to unsolve a riddle or play a riddle from your discard pile.
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:16 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Riddle.
At the start of the regroup phase, the first shadow player may spot 3 unwounded minions to solve this riddle.
Solved: Each Hobbit is resistance +1.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert a Hobbit to solve or discard this riddle.
’An eye in a blue face/Saw an eye in a green face./"That eye is like to this eye"/Said the first eye,/"But in low place,/Not in high place."’

I think it might be good to go a step further and make the solved be a drawback, like resistance MINUS 1. Then I’d change the last bit to unsolving instead of solving. This seems to make a lot more sense, as right now, you’re just choosing between two good boosters.

elf lvr wrote:
Companion * Hobbit
Ring-bearer.
At the start of the fellowship phase, you may exert Bilbo to unsolve a riddle or play a riddle from your discard pile.

Now, to me, it makes even more sense to make a solved riddle have a drawback, because it would make this verison of Bilbo HUGE whereas right now he’s just okay.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:05 pm
I agree with DI. Riddles should be dangerous, in my opinion.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
elf lvr wrote:
Condition * Support Area
Riddle.
Solved: Each Hobbit is resistance +1.
definitely make the solved thing -1. res.

Companion * Hobbit
Ring-bearer.

awesomeness!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:48 pm
I was just mulling this idea in my head here. Would it be cool to make the riddle an actual card type? That way cards effecting conditions wouldn’t kill this card type.

Just my Two Cents
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards