LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
NBarden
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:56 am
Arc Blade 3RedRed
Sorcery
Arc Blade deals 2 damage to target creature or player. Remove Arc Blade from the game with three time counters on it.
Suspend 3-2Red

So, I play this card and hit someone for 2 damage. After that, it gets removed from the game with three time counters. Now, I think that its treated like its suspended at this point, am I correct?

If so, I can stick this in a deck that messes around with time counters (such as, Isochron Scepter/Fury Charm), and swing for two repeatedly over and over (provided I peel off the time counters)?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:09 pm
I believe so, since each time it’s played and resolves, it’ll just be suspended again with more time counters.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:29 pm
So, I can like, imprint some Fury Charm on Isochron Scepters and some Jhoira’s Timebug to suspend and then peel off 3 counters each turn?

Would be fun to execute. Or for that mana, I could just grab a Blaze Mr. Green.

Or just play Orim’s Chant/Isochron Scepter lockdown and suspend several Arc Blades. Slowly, but surely. Twisted Evil I think I’ll build a deck like that. Call it, "Irritating someone you really don’t like by a slow, excruciating, painful death Twisted Evil."
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:02 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
You missed that the card actually states "it gains suspend" so yes, it works like that. However, remember, Orim’s CHant + Isochron Scepter locks THEIR turn, which doesn’t stop them from countering the Blade (YOUR turn, remember?). Also, if you’re imprinting Fury charm to deal 2 a turn, go ahead and imprint Lightning Helix, that much better. Or Fire//Ice, since you can activate any of those when you use the scepter’s ability, much more versatile.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions