LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
LeoKula
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:15 am
Here is a deck that is very strong and a lot of fun to play, actually my favorite dwarven deck. First the decklist and then the strategy.

Ring-bearer and the One Ring:
Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Companions:
1x Glóin, Son of Gróin (s)
1x Durin III, Dwarven Lord (s)
1x Grimir, Dwarven Emissary
1x Thrarin, Smith of Erebor

Artifacts:
1x Ring of Fury
1x Ring of Accretion
2x Ring of Guile

Possessions:
1x Gimli’s Battle Axe, Vicious Weapon
3x Heavy Axe
2x Well-crafted Armor
1x Arod, Rohirrim Steed
3x Dwarven Bracers

Conditions:
2x Proud and Able
4x Chamber of Records
2x Stout and Strong

Events:
2x The Fortunes of Balin’s Folk
4x Awkward Moment
3x No Pauses, No Spills
2x Blood Runs Chill

Most of the deck is the usual dwarven stuff: NPNS for cycling; BRC for condition discarding; PaA because it’s awesome; bracers for wounding prevention and rings for strength, event recursion and resistance for gimli.

The idea is to always have tokens to mainly pump Gloin but you can use them also to pump up other companions with heavy axe and use The Fortunes of Balin’s Folk which is just a GREAT card, you can kill Sauron, WK and other guys if you have lots of tokens and you still keep them in your deck. The ring of guile can fetch it anytime you need. Arod is there for an extra token + resistance for gimli and awkward moment is just perfect for this deck.

Stout and strong is kind of the magic card in the deck, because it allows you to remove tokens, win skirmishes and then reinforce them, wo you don’t need to take a lof of wounds with the armors. It’s the only non-standard card in the deck and you can remove it to make it expanded, but the deck drops a bit in performance.

I have 4x Ring of Artifice just waiting for me to use them in this deck but I didn’t think about it yet. Maybe I can take out stout and strong and awkward moment and add the 4 rings + 2 fortunes of balins folk and then it would be standard and you’d play around with Chamber of Records, you could discard them when they’re empty and play’em again to get 2 tokens. Then you could even think about taking the armors and get back 2 events. Now these are just my thoughts here Smile

Enjoy!
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
NBarden
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:23 am
Two more The Fortunes of Balin’s Folk and Well-Crafted Armor.

Ask Apop. He’s the token dwarf expert.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded