LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OH OK thanks.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
BattleWarg
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:31 pm
While the Elves of Lorien and Mirkwood can take out their opponents with ease, it’s no use if they get slaughtered first. They need someone to do their research and prepare for the fight.
This is where the Elves of Rivendell shine.

The first card is a fairly simple card. It allows you get cards quicker from your deck by a small amount. But if you have full access to Imladris, you get to keep the knowledge.

0 Library of Imladris Elven
Event • Shadow
Spot an Elf to look at the top 2 cards of your deck. Take one into hand and discard the other. If you can spot Realm of Imladris, you may look at the top 4 cards of your deck and take one into hand. Place the rest in any order on the top of your deck.
DC63

The next is a strength boost that becomes stronger with the power of the Rivendell area behind it.

2 Rushing Water Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make an Elf strength +3 (or +5 if you can spot Realm of Imladris in your support area).
DU69

And we should get a look at the Lord of the realm. The first of the Elven Lords in this set, but not the last, Elrond. Once a warrior, he now uses his talents to learn more about his opponents, giving those who follow him more abilities against them.

1 •Elrond, Ancient Combatant Elven
Follower
+2 Strength
-1 Site Number
Aid - 2
Each time Elrond is transferred to an Elven minion, look at the top 2 cards of your deck. Take one into hand and discard the other.
DC55
Last edited by BattleWarg on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in totalOur time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
BattleWarg wrote:

Event • Shadow
Spot an Elf to look at the top 2 cards of your deck. Take one into hand and discard the rest. If you can spot Realm of Imladris, you may look at the top 2 cards of your deck and take one into hand. Place the rest in any order on the top of your deck.
DC63
make it the top 3-4 cards if you can spot realm of imlardis

Follower
+1 Strength
-1 Site Number
Aid - 2
When Elrond is transferred to an Elven minion, look at the top 2 cards of your deck. Take one into hand and discard the rest.
DC55

make it each time. make it +2 strength as well. he is supposed ot be a combatant after all
rushing water was fine.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:45 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
BattleWarg wrote:
Event • Shadow
Spot an Elf to look at the top 2 cards of your deck. Take one into hand and discard the rest. If you can spot Realm of Imladris, you may look at the top 4 cards of your deck and take one into hand. Place the rest in any order on the top of your deck.
DC63

It should be "discard the other" instead of "discard the rest", since it’s only one card.

BattleWarg wrote:
2 Rushing Water Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make an Elf strength +3 (or +5 if you can spot Realm of Imladris in your support area).
DU69

Nice.

BattleWarg wrote:
Follower
+2 Strength
-1 Site Number
Aid - 2
Each time Elrond is transferred to an Elven minion, look at the top 2 cards of your deck. Take one into hand and discard the rest.
DC55

An Elrond minion follower. Never going to see one of THOSE elsewhere. Razz

Again, it should be "discard the other" instead of "rest". Just sounds silly to use "the rest" with one card. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:19 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
An Elrond minion follower. Never going to see one of THOSE elsewhere. Razz

Not likely Laughing

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Again, it should be "discard the other" instead of "rest". Just sounds silly to use "the rest" with one card. Razz

I had the rest in case it would be able to increase the number, although it wouldn’t really be necessary (as it should be straightforward, and it was just to clarify).
Our time here is ending...

BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:55 pm
Tonight, we reveal the Elven Realms. Each one by themselves give some good effects, and two of the Elf Havens working together are strong, while the three together give vast benefits.

First is Rivendell, home of Elrond. This realm gives you the ability to store information or keep Elves around until they would be put to better use.

2 •Realm of Imladris Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play Realm of Imladris, you may spot an Elf to stack an Elven card from your hand face down on this card.
Shadow: Stack a card face down from your hand on an Elven condition with one or more cards stacked on it to take an Elven card stacked on that condition into hand.
DR65

Next is Lorien, realm of Galadriel. This allows you to conceal ever more elven secrets from others. Alone, you can use it to cycle quickly through your deck. With Rivendell, the Elves can give you your choice of a hand.

2 •Realm of Lothlorien Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play Realm of Lothlorien, you may spot an Elf to stack an Elven card from your hand face down on this card.
Shadow: Remove 1 to stack an Elven card from your hand face down on an Elven condition with one or more cards stacked on it.
"’Land of the Valley of Singing Gold, that was it, once upon a time. Now it is a Dreamflower.’"
DR66

Last is Greenwood, the land of Thranduil. This allows you to provide resources for yourself. Alone, it won’t do much, but works wonders with Lothlorien.

2 •Realm of Mirkwood Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play Realm of Mirkwood, you may spot an Elf to stack an Elven card from your hand face down on this card.
Shadow: Discard an Elven card stacked on an Elven condition to add 2.
DR67

And a bonus card, to bring the Elves up to the half-way point, is the minion deck-base card.
He leads the archers, but not necessarily to a volley.

5 •Celeborn, Galadhrim Captain Elven
Minion • Elf
10 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
Archer. Each other Elven archer’s twilight cost is -1.
At the start of the archery phase, your opponent may choose to skip the archery phase to allow you to choose companions to assign your minions to (except the Ring-bearer).
DP363

I’m not completely sure on the wording. The idea being that you can cancel the archers abilities to give them the ability to choose who they fight, with a safeguard so they can’t all team up on the Ring-bearer. What I’m thinking is to let it go like this:
Assignment actions
Celeborn’s player assigns his minions (up to 1 per companion) to any but the Ring-bearer.
Fellowship’s player assigns minions (up to 1 per companion) to any companion.
Any remaining minions are assigned.
Last edited by BattleWarg on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in totalOur time here is ending...

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:56 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
BattleWarg wrote:
Condition • Support Area
When you play Realm of Imladris, you may spot an Elf to stack an Elven card from your hand face down on this card.
Shadow: Stack a card face down from your hand on an Elven condition with one or more cards stacked on it to take an Elven card stacked on that condition into hand.
DR65

Basically gives you a +1 limit to your hand, at least with Elven cards. Neat.

BattleWarg wrote:
Condition • Support Area
When you play Realm of Lothlorien, you may spot an Elf to stack an Elven card from your hand face down on this card.
Shadow: Remove 1 to stack an Elven card from your hand face down on an Elven condition with one or more cards stacked on it.
"’Land of the Valley of Singing Gold, that was it, once upon a time. Now it is a Dreamflower.’"
DR66

Okay. Check the direction on the quotation marks in your lore. Rolling Eyes

BattleWarg wrote:
Condition • Support Area
When you play Realm of Mirkwood, you may spot an Elf to stack an Elven card from your hand face down on this card.
DR67

NOW it all comes together. You’re right...seperately they’re okay, in a pair they’re quite good (especially this with one of the others), and all together they’re awesome.

BattleWarg wrote:
Minion • Elf
10 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
At the start of the archery phase, your opponent may choose to skip the archery phase to allow you to choose companions to assign your minions to (except the Ring-bearer).
DP363

Might be better to use a different Elf for this...though I’m not sure who to recommend.

Good idea. GP for those cool Realms.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:34 pm
BattleWarg wrote:

Condition • Support Area
DR65
the second ability is complex. any way to make it more understandable?

Condition • Support Area
DR66
works for me

Condition • Support Area
DR67
Oo, thats a good ability.

Minion • Elf
10 Strength
3 Vitality
7 Site Number
DP363
I love it!

not a lot to say, good cards all of them!
"DáinIronfoot"
BattleWarg
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:12 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
BattleWarg wrote:
Condition • Support Area
DR66

Okay. Check the direction on the quotation marks in your lore. Rolling Eyes

Well, the actual direction it goes to is an automatic from posting. However, it does have "" for quote from the book, and ’’ for quote from a character in it (I’ll wait and see if anyone knows who, though) - I had those mixed up in the Dunland cards, so I’ve been making it a point to double-check it when I post the cards.

Well, I think I’ll go on to the bows of the Elves today. There are only three in this set, but they provide different abilities.

The first is a very basic bow. Used by the Elves as a generic weapon, it doesn’t have much flair, but is very reliable.

1 Bow of Yew Elven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
+1 Strength
Bearer must be an Elf. Bearer is an archer.
DC52

The next allows for much more power behind each shot, allowing the Elves who use it to strike opponents that would otherwise be hard to get to. This is used with the stronger bowmen, who can use it to its full potential.

2 Galadhrim Bow Elven
+1 Strength
-1 Site Number
Response:
If a companion (except the Ring-bearer) takes a wound during the archery phase, exert bearer to exert that companion.
DU58

The last bow is much like the Bow of Yew, but for close combat fighting. It’s more useful for the archers who can shoot easily, but have a slightly tougher time taking out the minions who get close enough to strike back.

1 Short Bow of the Elves Elven
+1 Strength
Bearer must be an Elf.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, exert a companion skirmishing bearer.
DU73
Last edited by BattleWarg on Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in totalOur time here is ending...

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:05 pm
BattleWarg wrote:
0 Bow of Yew Elven
+1 Strength
DC52

I would raise the cost to 1.

BattleWarg wrote:
1 Galadhrim Bow Elven
+2 Strength
-1 Site Number
Response:
If a companion (except the Ring-bearer) takes a wound during the archery phase, exert bearer to exert that companion.
DU58

Raise the cost to 2.

BattleWarg wrote:
0 Short Bow of the Elves Elven
+1 Strength
Bearer must be an Elf.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, exert a companion skirmishing bearer.
DU73

Nice! Very Happy
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards