LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:21 am
lem0nhead wrote:
1 Numbers Were Too Few Sauron
Event • Response
If another player is about to take control of a site, discard a Sauron minion from hand to prevent that and take control of that site yourself.
"It matters little who is the enemy, if we cannot beat off his attack"

I would drop the cost to 0. Thumbs Up

lem0nhead wrote:
1 Deeps of Moria [Site]
Underground
When the free peoples player moves to this site the first shadow player may discard a minion from play with twilight cost X to play a minion from hand at twilight cost -X.

Sweet! Applause
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:23 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Sweet! Applause

Thanks for the reviews AP, change made, GP for feedback I appreciate it!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:06 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
0 Numbers Were Too Few Sauron
Event • Response
If another player is about to take control of a site, discard a Sauron minion from hand to prevent that and take control of that site yourself.

Cool.

lem0nhead wrote:
1 Deeps of Moria [Site]
Underground
When the free peoples player moves to this site the first shadow player may discard a minion from play with twilight cost X to play a minion from hand at twilight cost -X.

I suggest a slight rewording:

When the fellowship moves to this site, the first Shadow player may discard a minion from play with twilight cost (X) to play a minion from hand at twilight cost -X.

Neat cards! Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:26 pm
Done, thanks DI. I was gonna review one of your sets but theres all these fancy new culutres and i got confused. Do you have any sets with normal cultures i could review in return for you reviewing mine?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:35 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
Done, thanks DI. I was gonna review one of your sets but theres all these fancy new culutres and i got confused. Do you have any sets with normal cultures i could review in return for you reviewing mine?

Laughing Yeah, you’re probably talking about the Duos. Right now, I’m using them to work through Lasting Alliances, my set based on The Hobbit and other pre-LotR tales. I have a new culture and several new concepts in there...but be warned, such things will appear in ALL of my sets. Smile

Right now, however, I’m working through the Gandalf culture in my second set The Road Ahead, centered around The Fellowship of the Ring. There’s not TOO much crazy stuff going on there, and now is probably as good a time as any to try and catch up. Razz It’s near the top of the page, but here is a link to the very latest cards, if you’re interested. I never mind reviews, even if I have a couple already. If I haven’t moved on yet, it just might be because I’m hoping for one more review before doing so. Very Happy

I’ll keep tabs on your stuff, certainly. For a first-time DC maker, you’re doing pretty well for yourself. Wink
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lem0nhead wrote:
Something that annoys me when i play Sauron Besiegers is when people take sites that I want to control! Hence:

0 Numbers Were Too Few Sauron
Event • Response
probelm is only applies in multiplayer. maybe something like or disard a sauron minion to take control of a site

1 Deeps of Moria [Site]
Underground
When the fellowship moves to this site the first shadow player may discard a minion from play with twilight cost X to play a minion from hand at twilight cost -X.

maybe from discard pile...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:59 am
Thanks for the reviews, changes made! I liked your suggestion SoP.

For today i thought id focus on fellowships annoying shadow, rather than shadow annoying shadow. All my cards seem to be responses but that way its more funny because your opponent doesnt see it coming. Very Happy But ive tried to make a few that aren’t.

0 Defenses Have To Hold Gandalf
Event • Response
If an opponent is about to add any number of twilight tokens to the pool, exert Gandalf to prevent that and remove that number of twilight tokens from the pool.
"They will hold..."
R

2 • Horse Masters Rohan
Condition • Support Area
To play spot 2 mounted Rohan companions.
Each time a Rohan mount is discarded by a shadow card, you may discard that shadow card as well.
Discard this condition if you cannot spot a Rohan mount.
The most important thing to a Rohirrim is his horse.
R

2 Arrow After Arrow Elven
Event • Archery
If the fellowship archery total is less than 4, spot an Elven archer to add 1 to the fellowship archery total (or add 2 if you spot 2 Elven archers).
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!"
U

I like the lore on that one; "Show them no mercy! For you shall receive none!" Cool

2 • Sam, Loyal to the Shire Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 10
Sam is strength +1 for each Shire follower you can spot.
Response: If a Shire follower is discarded from play, exert Sam twice to play that follower from your discard pile.
"We set out to save the Shire, Sam. And it has been saved."
R

Not sure if i should add "Response: If Frodo dies make Sam the Ring-bearer (resistance 5)."? What do you think? Bit OP?

1 Gondorian Shield Gondor
Possession • Shield
Bearer must be a Gondor companion.
Any minion bearing a hand weapon and skirmishing bearer is strength -2.
Response: If a shadow event or special ability is used discard this possession to cancel that effect.
Stout are the defenses of the White City.
C
Last edited by lem0nhead on Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:10 am; edited 5 times in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:57 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
lem0nhead wrote:
Thanks for the reviews, changes made! I liked your suggestion SoP.

For today i thought id focus on fellowships annoying shadow, rather than shadow annoying shadow. All my cards seem to be responses but that way its more funny because your opponent doesnt see it coming. Very Happy But ive tried to make a few that aren’t.

Event • Response
If an opponent is about to add any number of twilight tokens to the pool, exert Gandalf to prevent that and remove that number of twilight tokens from the pool.
"They will hold..."
R

wow that has to have a cost at least 4 maybe 5 its like the biggest counter attack in the universe, ecpesciall if your opponent is play moria swarm with goblin runner

2 Horse Masters Rohan
Condition • Support Area
If a Rohan mount is discarded by a shadow card, you may discard that shadow card as well.
R

okay good

Event • Archery
If the fellowship archery total is less than 4, spot an Elven archer to add 1 to the fellowship archery total (or add 2 if you spot 2 Elven archers).
U

nice

I like the lore on that one; "Show them no mercy! For you shall receive none!" Cool

Companion • Hobbit
Response: If a Shire follower is about to be discarded exert sam twice to prevent that.
R

good

Not sure if i should add "Response: If Frodo dies make Sam the Ring-bearer (resistance 5)."? What do you think? Bit OP?

i dont know i would though

Possession • Shield
Vitality +1
Reponse: If a shadow event or special ability is used discard this possession to cancel that effect.
C

sweet
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:07 am
legoles3333 wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:

Event • Response
"They will hold..."
R

wow that has to have a cost at least 4 maybe 5 its like the biggest counter attack in the universe, ecpesciall if your opponent is play moria swarm with goblin runner

Why? That completely negates the point of it. If i add 4 or 5 then i might as well not bother playing it. It so doesnt stop moria. A runner adds 2 so i cancel that and remove 2. He’s lost 3 over all if you include the costs of the runner. Now if i made it cost it would have added a net +2! And its only a one shot event not a repeatable use condition. This will make people think twice before exploiting broken cards like the keyward and a warg!

Thanks for the reviews l333 i do appreciate it.

DáinIronfoot wrote:

Right now, however, I’m working through the Gandalf culture in my second set The Road Ahead, centered around The Fellowship of the Ring. There’s not TOO much crazy stuff going on there, and now is probably as good a time as any to try and catch up. Razz It’s near the top of the page, but here is a link to the very latest cards, if you’re interested. I never mind reviews, even if I have a couple already. If I haven’t moved on yet, it just might be because I’m hoping for one more review before doing so. Very Happy

I’ll keep tabs on your stuff, certainly. For a first-time DC maker, you’re doing pretty well for yourself. Wink

Thanks matey!

Reviewed a few of those Dain, i like it! Very cool set so far.
Last edited by lem0nhead on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:25 am; edited 1 time in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:43 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Event • Response
"They will hold..."
R

Nice!

lem0nhead wrote:
2 • Horse Masters Rohan
Condition • Support Area
If a Rohan mount is discarded by a shadow card, you may discard that shadow card as well.
R

Now that is cool. I’ve gotta give you a GP! GP

But I think that it should be "Each time" instead of "If".

lem0nhead wrote:
Event • Archery
U

Good card.

lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Hobbit
Response: If a Shire follower is about to be discarded exert sam twice to prevent that.
R

Cool!!! But the response ability needs to be changed, since it doesn’t really specify what to do with the follower if he was on someone that died. Maybe something like this:

Response: If a Shire follower is discarded from play, exert sam twice to play that follower.

lem0nhead wrote:
Possession • Shield
Vitality +1
Reponse: If a shadow event or special ability is used discard this possession to cancel that effect.
C

Now this I don’t like. It’s an easy vitality boost, and the response ability is kinda an NPE.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards