LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:50 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I still think you should be able to make him damage +1
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:46 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m consider your suggestion on Grimir, SoP. You think the ability should only be able to make him damage +1, or any other companion the ability targets? I’d go for the former, if anything.

Here’s a few weapons for those always-well-equipped Dwarves to use. Enjoy! Very Happy

2Gimli’s Battle Axe, Broad-Bladed Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
If bearer is Gimli or Balin, he is damage +1.
Bearer gains hunter 1 for each of the following the fellowship is at: battleground, mountain, underground site.
Though well-equipped already, it was plain to Gimli that all other weapons became secondary when he discovered Balin’s battle axe in the Dwarf-lord’s tomb.

2 Bearded Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While at a mountain or underground site, bearer gains hunter 1.
While skirmishing an Orc, bearer gains hunter 1.
“‘There forged was blade, and bound was hilt; / The delver mined, the mason built.’”

The name comes from the type of axe seen in pictures like Dwarven Axe and Axe of Khazad-dum. No, I’m not entirely sure why it’s called that, but that’s what it’s called. Smile

0 Hand Axe Dwarven (reprint)
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Archery: Discard this weapon to make the fellowship archery total +1.
Their captain rallied two other orcs to attack. In answer, Gimli’s side axe brought him down.

I kept trying to think of ways to make this better, and I just couldn’t. So it becomes a straight-up reprint.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:01 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer gains hunter 1 for each of the following the fellowship is at: battleground, mountain, underground site.
Though well-equipped already, it was plain to Gimli that all other weapons became secondary when he discovered Balin’s battle axe in the Dwarf-lord’s tomb.

Hmm its ok, nothing blindingly good but sound.

2 Bearded Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
“‘There forged was blade, and bound was hilt; / The delver mined, the mason built.’”

Fair enough. But i dont care where the name is from ill always see this as an axe with facial hair to rival gimli’s. Very Happy

0 Hand Axe Dwarven (reprint)
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Archery: Discard this weapon to make the fellowship archery total +1.
Their captain rallied two other orcs to attack. In answer, Gimli’s side axe brought him down.

Hmmm ok.

I kept trying to think of ways to make this better, and I just couldn’t. So it becomes a straight-up reprint.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:56 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.

Nice! I’d definately use it over Trusted Weapon, depending on the deck.

Quote:
2 Bearded Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.

I would, personally, change one of those hunter options to a damage bonus. But hey, that’s just me. Neat card.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I’m consider your suggestion on Grimir, SoP. You think the ability should only be able to make him damage +1, or any other companion the ability targets? I’d go for the former, if anything.
you could make him damage +1 or heal any dwarf

Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
it works

2 Bearded Axe Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
No, I’m not entirely sure why it’s called that, but that’s what it’s called. Smile
because it has a protrusion from the main blade ie a beard. nice! you could cut cost to 1
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:30 pm
Cool beans. Here’s another, then, though it’s NOT a possession. Along with it, however, IS a possession...but IT is not a weapon. Razz Thoroughly confused yet? Then proceed, and enjoy!

2Durin’s Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf. When you play this artifact, exert bearer.
Bearer is strength +1 for each Dwarven hand weapon you can spot (limit +3).
A great heirloom Durin’s Folk, bearing bindings of mithril and wrought amid pure silver, thought lost until found—then lost again—by Balin’s expedition.

1 Bandolier Harness Dwarven
Possession
Bearer must be a Dwarf. Limit one per bearer.
Bearer may bear 1 additional hand weapon, but may only use the bonuses and game text of one hand weapon per skirmish.
Gimli carried his great battle axe from a padded ring set in the back of a bandolier that criss-crossed his shoulders and was attached to his belt.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:33 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Durin’s Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Vitality +1
A great heirloom Durin’s Folk, bearing bindings of mithril and wrought amid pure silver, thought lost until found—then lost again—by Balin’s expedition.
nice!

Possession
Bearer may bear 1 additional hand weapon, but may only use one per skirmish.
Gimli carried his great battle axe from a padded ring set in the back of a bandolier that criss-crossed his shoulders and was attached to his belt.

one per skirmish? I think that wording needs fixing.
"DáinIronfoot"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:41 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Possession
Bearer may bear 1 additional hand weapon, but may only use one per skirmish.

one per skirmish? I think that wording needs fixing.

Fixed, though it might still not work right. It’s a very unusual concept.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:18 pm
I think it should be worded but its bonuses cannot be used to resolve skirmishes.
"DáinIronfoot"
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:57 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Durin’s Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Vitality +1

Cool enough.

Possession
Bearer may bear 1 additional hand weapon, but may only use the bonuses and game text of one hand weapon per skirmish.

Bit of rules minefield here DI. Seems this bearing more than 1 weapon theme is getting a bit complicated. Nice try though.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards