LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:36 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
I made ’The Eagles Are Coming!’ an assignment event. Thanks for the review! Very Happy

3 • Sentinel Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1.
Response: If a roaming minion is played, you may exert this companion twice to make that minion’s owner pay its twilight cost again.
”…two of his guards from the rocks at either hand leaped up to follow him.”
U59

... or what? Its ability needs an ’or’ attached, or it’s not worth it. Good idea though.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
3 Seized Him in His Talons Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Response: If Gandalf is assigned to skirmish a minion with strength greater than his, exert an Eagle twice to cancel that skirmish.
”There was a howl of anger and surprise from the goblins.”
R60

Too expensive and too specific. Make it ’companion’ (or ’Gandalf companion’) or reduce it to 2, or even 1.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Huge Black Shadows Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Exert an Eagle twice and discard a Gandalf card from hand to make each minion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
”Back swept the great birds that were with him....”
C61

Make it -2, take out the discard and add a huge spotting requirement (’3 Gandalf companions’, for example) and it will rock.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:40 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
I made ’The Eagles Are Coming!’ an assignment event. Thanks for the review! Very Happy

3 • Sentinel Eagle Gandalf
Companion • Eagle
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1.
Response: If a roaming minion is played, you may exert this companion twice to make that minion’s owner pay its twilight cost again.
”…two of his guards from the rocks at either hand leaped up to follow him.”
U59
if they cannot, discard that minion...

3 Seized Him in His Talons Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
Response: If Gandalf is assigned to skirmish a minion with strength greater than his, exert an Eagle twice to cancel that skirmish.
”There was a howl of anger and surprise from the goblins.”
R60
sweet!

1 Huge Black Shadows Gandalf
Event • Maneuver
Exert an Eagle twice and discard a Gandalf card from hand to make each minion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
”Back swept the great birds that were with him....”
C61

sure
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:46 am
Cards edited. Thanks for the reviews, guys! Mr. Green
I had to put something here.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:44 pm
The Gandalf culture is coming to a close, but there’s still a few cards left to go. Thumbs Up

1 • Long Had Suspicion Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Gandalf token here for each Eagle you can spot.
Response: If an Orc is played, exert an Eagle and remove X tokens from here to wound that minion X times. That minion’s owner may discard X cards from hand to prevent that.
”…from their watchfulness the movements in the mountains could not be altogether hid.”
R62

2 • Sworn Friendship Gandalf
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarf and an Eagle.
Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, you may add 1 and discard a Dwarven card from hand to heal an Eagle.
Each time an Eagle wins a skirmish, you may add 1 and discard a Gandalf from hand to heal a Dwarf.
”’Dain has crowned their chief with gold….’”
U63
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue May 15, 2007 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:47 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
The Gandalf culture is coming to a close, but there’s still a few cards left to go. Thumbs Up

Always a bittersweet time for us DC makers with our sets, eh?

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, add a Gandalf token here for each Eagle you can spot.
Response: If an Orc is played, exert an Eagle and remove 2 tokens from here to wound that minion twice. That minion’s owner may discard 3 cards from hand to prevent that.
”…from their watchfulness the movements in the mountains could not be altogether hid.”
R62

Neat.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, you may add 2 and discard a Dwarven card from hand to heal an Eagle.
Each time an Eagle wins a skirmish, you may add 2 and discard a Gandalf from hand to heal a Dwarf.
U63

You know me, always crowning those Eagles.... Rolling Eyes

Yeah, good card. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:47 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Condition • Support Area
Response: If an Orc is played, exert an Eagle and remove 2 tokens from here to wound that minion twice. That minion’s owner may discard 3 cards from hand to prevent that.
R62

Good and interesting.

Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, you may add 2 and discard a Dwarven card from hand to heal an Eagle.
Each time an Eagle wins a skirmish, you may add 2 and discard a Gandalf from hand to heal a Dwarf.
U63

Adding twilight is too much, jut discarding a card seems fine to me.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Condition • Support Area
R62
make it remove X tokens from here to wound it X times that minions owner may discard X...

Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, you may add 1 and discard a Dwarven card from hand to heal an Eagle.
Each time an Eagle wins a skirmish, you may add 1 and discard a Gandalf from hand to heal a Dwarf.
U63

sweet!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:55 pm
SoP, I’ll leave ’Long Had Suspicion’ as it is since Dain and Thranduil both gave it a good review. Thumbs Up

2 • Gandalf’s Staff, Wizard’s Device Gandalf
Artifact • Staff
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf and add 2 to play a spell from your discard pile.
”…his staff blazed forth with a flash like the lightning.”
R64

1 Ranged Far and Wide Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Exert Beorn and spot Gandalf to reveal the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is the number of threats you can spot. Take all revealed Gandalf cards into hand and discard the rest.
”’I had to walk miles….’”
C65
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue May 15, 2007 2:42 pm; edited 3 times in totalI had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:59 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
SoP, I’ll leave ’Long Had Suspicion’ as it is since Dain and Thranduil both gave it a good review. Thumbs Up

No, I agree with SoP! I hadn’t thought of his idea, but once I saw it, I agreed. It just makes the card a lot clearer and more ’together’, if you know what I mean.

2 • Gandalf’s Staff, Wizard’s Device Gandalf
Artifact • Staff
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Skirmish: Add a burden and a threat to take a spell into hand from your discard pile.
”…his staff blazed forth with a flash like the lightning.”
R64

This is insane with shadowfax, greatest of the mearas. +2 to all stats and changing burdens into threats, might be a bit much in combination.

2 Ranged Far and Wide Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Exert Beorn and spot Gandalf to reveal the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is the number of threats you can spot. Take all Gandalf cards into hand and discard the rest.
”’I had to walk miles….’”
C65

Fine but it probably doesn’t need to cost 2, seeing as you have to first exert Beorn, then spot the threats, and the rule of 4 still applies.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:16 pm
Edited. How do they look now?
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards