LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:22 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

4 Rohirrim Éored Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Hunter 1. To play, spot a Rohan Man.
While at a plains site, Rohirrim Éored is strength +1.
While mounted, Rohirrim Éored is strength +1.
While each companion is mounted, the move limit is +1.

Lower his strength to 7 and say while mounted he is strength +2. I’d be wary of Thran’s suggestion saying while at a plains site each OTHER rohan man is strength + anything as he is non unique and that could get abusive. Other than that seems ok.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:30 am
My suggestions applied only if he was unique. As a non-unique, it’d obviously be too good with a global bonus, but I think he’s too good anyway thanks to a potential move limit +4!

In short, I definitely want him to be unique, and it feels like a unique card anyway.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:33 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Okay, I made him unique and tweaked him as suggested. Thanks, guys! Thumbs Up Anyone else?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
First, Theodred defneder of the fords needs to cost 3, or cut the hunter. your choice.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
I tweaked both Théodreds...the first with a twist on SoP and Thran’s suggestion, and the second with lore. Let me know what you think of the changes, and thanks!

Here’s our first NON-unique companion, though he’s certainly a force to be reckoned with. Smile Enjoy!

4Rohirrim Éored Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
While mounted, Rohirrim Éored is strength +2.

looks good to me!.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:27 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I tweaked both Théodreds...the first with a twist on SoP and Thran’s suggestion, and the second with lore. Let me know what you think of the changes, and thanks!

Here’s our first NON-unique companion, though he’s certainly a force to be reckoned with. Smile Enjoy!

Not anymore. Very Happy

4Rohirrim Éored Rohan
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
While mounted, Rohirrim Éored is strength +2.

Definitely drop cost to 3. Absolutely. That way, you can even start him with Aldred. But I’d have to say that 4 is to expensive, I’d make him strength 8 at least if he’s 4 (see Aragorn, Thorongil and Heir to the throne of Gondor). But IMHO, since its an entire Eored, I would make him a 6, strength 9, vitality 4, defender +1 beast with to play, spot 2 Rohan companions (or 3 if you choose). Very Happy

The "while each companion is mounted" deck is a rarity, and besides, anyone running that kind of deck is running Riding Like the Wind, and his move limit +1 ability isn’t going to matter much when you’ve got a move limit 7 deck anyways. (like most Rohan dudes). I’d just give him some sort of awesome ability if the fellowship has moved anyways, up his strength to 8 or drop his cost to 3. But hey, I’d rather you make him a 6 or 7 monster.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:35 pm
Hmmm. I will consider your advise, NB, but I already have such a companion in mind for my next set, The End Of All Things, so I’ll probably just hold off for that.

I’ve hit a little bit of a wall, so I’ll have to tap into my reserves with cards I made for a rainy (AKA less than creative) day like this. And that means a couple of mounts given to the Three Hunters by Éomer’s éored. One of them is kinda dull (but important, as it provides a cheap mount for many different companions), but the other is...a little groundbreaking, I suppose. Let me know what you think, and as always, enjoy! Smile

1Hasufel, Rohirrim Steed Rohan
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
To play, spot a Rohan Man. Bearer must be a Man, Elf, or Wizard.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
“A great dark-grey horse was brought to Aragorn, and he mounted it. ‘Hasufel is his name,’ said Éomer. ‘May he bear you well....’”

Similiar to the original Brego, though this trades that healing for a mild strength boost and is, in my opinion, a little more universally helpful.

2Arod, Fiery and Swift Rohan
Possession • Mount
Resistance +1
To play, spot a Rohan Man. Bearer must be a Man, Elf, or Dwarf.
If bearer is Legolas or Gimli, each of them is considered to be mounted, Gimli gains hunter 1, and if you can spot Legolas, the fellowship archery total is +1.
“A smaller and lighter horse, but restive and fiery, was brought to Legolas....Gimli was lifted up behind his friend.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:36 pm; edited 3 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:07 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1Hasufel Rohan
Possession • Mount
Strength +1
To play, spot a Rohan Man. Bearer must be a Man, Elf, or Wizard.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, each minion skirmishing bearer must exert.
“A great dark-grey horse was brought to Aragorn, and he mounted it. ‘Hasufel is his name,’ said Éomer. ‘May he bear you well....’”

Id remove the wizard bit as i never saw the point in it. Gandalf only rode shadowfax so its irrelevant. Otherwise this is sound. might even deserve a resistance boost but dont matter.

2Arod, Swift Rohan
Possession • Mount
If bearer is Legolas, the fellowship archery total is +1.
If bearer is Gimli, he gains hunter 2.
When played on Legolas, you may add 1 to play another copy of Arod from hand or draw deck on Gimli. Arod is still considered unique. If Arod is discarded, discard all copies in play.
“A smaller and lighter horse, but restive and fiery, was brought to Legolas....Gimli was lifted up behind his friend.”

Gah! Dain nice try mate but dont "futze" with the rules, im not even coming from a reviewers point of view so im not judging it but its just too much to smeg with uniqueness rules and i dont think playing 2 copies of him is a good way of translating your intentions into gameplay.
O but also "Swift"? You can do better than that!

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:17 pm
Hasufel is fine as is, but I have some ideas for Arod. Gimli rode ’shotgun’ with Legolas, but there was only 1 steed involved. So, I suggest (and without having to screw around with uniqueness) that it’s borne by Legolas, but gives bonuses to Gimli as well. So, for example: ’At the start of each skirmish involving Legolas or Gimli, each minion in that skirmish must exert’ or whatever.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:26 pm
So you would suggest something simple like:

2Arod, Swift Rohan
Possession • Mount
If bearer is Legolas or Gimli, Gimli gains hunter 2, and if you can spot Legolas, the fellowship archery total is +1.

Hmmm...that might work. Think Not as interesting, but I guess it does the job. Except....

The only trick is that I wanted this to enable having both Legolas AND Gimli mounted for bonuses from mounted companions (like with the last line of Rohirrim Éored), but bearing the same mount. There will be several cards that would help you out a lot if both Legoles and Gimli are mounted...cards that either spot a number of mounted companions or require all companions ot be mounted (like the Éored).

I mean, is it a real problem for the exception to the rules that I worked in? Is it broken, or just so weird that you’d recommend changing it?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:28 pm
Then add another clause saying: ’Both Gimli and Legolas are considered to be mounted’.

I really think it makes a lot more sense than having 2 unique cards in play at the same time.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards