LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:29 pm
He’s nice but should probably cost 5 and I also don’t like him having 2 abilities entirely dependent on your opponent using certain decks to be of use. Maybe the second could come from spotting say 5 Moria Orcs?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:24 am
Gah! I is not knowing what to do! Too many opinions and only one Bolg. Maybe i should just make 2 versions of him cos i cant find a settlement on this dude.

I do get you though Thran i dont like the idea of depending solely on opponents using dwarves but most people wnated the old one altering and it fits in with the story this way.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:45 am
Ok so i had a design for Denethor and a possession/artifact for AP’s DC contest but SoP didnt like my idea and we went for something different. Id like peoples opinions on these:

3 • Denethor, Son Of Ecthelion Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Res: 5
While you can spot Boromir, Denethor is twilight cost -1 and strength +2.
Fellowship: Exert Denethor to play a Gondor artifact with twilight cost 0 from your draw deck.
"The rule of gondor is mine, and no others!"

0 • Seeing Stone of Minas Anor, Eye of the White Tower Gondor
Artifact • Palantir
Resistance: -2
Bearer must be Denethor.
At the start of the fellowship phase you may reveal a shadow players hand. You may then exert Denethor and add a threat to discard a shadow card revealed. That shadow player then draws a card.
"I have seen more than you know."

What do you think? Good synergy?
Last edited by lem0nhead on Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:35 am; edited 1 time in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:38 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
they stink Wink compared to mine Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:49 am
lem0nhead wrote:
Ok so i had a design for Denethor and a possession/artifact for AP’s DC contest but SoP didnt like my idea and we went for something different. Id like peoples opinions on these:

Companion • Man
Fellowship: Exert Denethor to play a Gondor artifact with twilight cost 0 from your draw deck.

Artifact • Palantir
Bearer must be Denethor.
At the start of each fellowship phase you make reveal a shadow players hand. You may then exert Denethor and add a threat to discard a shadow card revealed. That shadow player then draws a card.

’Make’ should be ’may’ in the last one, but good job on having a palantir borne by Denethor, and nice lore! As for the card itself, good resistance thing, but the threat might be a bit too much - there aren’t that many fellowship phases in a game.

As for the Denethor, his text is rock, but making his twilight cost just -1 isn’t that useful given that Boromir is 3. I’d consider swapping the 2 and the 1 for his strength and twilight cost stuff. And it might also be worth thinking about making his ability at the start of turn or at the start of the fellowship phase.

All in all, nice cards!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:31 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:

I should have specified reviews from other people who AREN’T SoP. Razz

Thranduil wrote:
’Make’ should be ’may’ in the last one, but good job on having a palantir borne by Denethor, and nice lore! As for the card itself, good resistance thing, but the threat might be a bit too much - there aren’t that many fellowship phases in a game.

As for the Denethor, his text is rock, but making his twilight cost just -1 isn’t that useful given that Boromir is 3. I’d consider swapping the 2 and the 1 for his strength and twilight cost stuff. And it might also be worth thinking about making his ability at the start of turn or at the start of the fellowship phase.

All in all, nice cards!

Thranduil

Ill change typo cheers. I reckon the threat thing is neccesary as if i can choose ANY shadow minion in your hand its gonna cripple the shadow player, i could remove ugluk, the balrog, bomb gothmog etc.. key characters to a tactic.

I thought about the fellowship ability but decided how many 0 costing artifacts are there?!

I was thinking of that twilight reduction if you start him with boromir the ARB.... Then you could also start faramir captain of ithilien.

Any more reviews?
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
lem0nhead wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

I should have specified reviews from other people who AREN’T SoP. Razz

duh Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:50 am
Ok wants more opinions on these pair:

Companion • Man
"The rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!"

Artifact • Palantir
Bearer must be Denethor.
At the start of the fellowship phase you may reveal a shadow players hand. You may then exert Denethor and add a threat to discard a shadow card revealed. That shadow player then draws a card.

Plus here’s a card i didnt submit for my Balrog competition as my condition. reviews please...

1 • Deep Places Moria
Condition • Support Area
While The Balrog is at an underground site it is strength +1.
While The Balrog is at a mountain each companion skirmishing it is strength -1.
While The Balrog is at a battleground it gains hunter 1.
"Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world."
Last edited by lem0nhead on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:22 am; edited 1 time in totalBan shampoo, demand real poo.
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:33 am
lem0nhead wrote:

Companion • Man

Cool. Maybe have the special skill add 1 also.

lem0nhead wrote:

Artifact • Palantir
Bearer must be Denethor.

Cool. The cost is quite heavy, but the gain might be worthwhile.

lem0nhead wrote:

2 • Deep Places Moria
Condition • Support Area
"Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world."

Cool. This at Mount Doom would rule.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:12 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
lem0nhead wrote:
Companion • Man

I agree with WLC. Also, make sure to capitalize "Gondor" in the lore. Smile

lem0nhead wrote:
Artifact • Palantir
Bearer must be Denethor.

Looks good to me.

lem0nhead wrote:
2 • Deep Places Moria
Condition • Support Area

Missing some commas, but good otherwise. WLC is right: this would kick BUTT at Mount Doom, and is pretty good (appropriately enough) at the Bridge of Khazad-dum as well. Thumbs Up Considering how expensive Ol’ Balgy is, though, I think you can safely bring the cost down to 1.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards