LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:55 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Now, this ocurred to me as I was reading Grail’s burn deck, "Don’t Play With Fire". It may seem like a dumb question, since the answer seems pretty simple, since I’m trying to "force" a way of making Rite more powerful anyway.
A discussion arouse upon the subject that Rites may not be THAT useful with all the shocklands, Elves of Deep Shadow or things like that, ’cause your opponent could easily alter his life points, making Rite useless.
Now, my question is: of course, mana effects are faster than abilities, faster than instants, faster than a speeding bullet, faster than ANYTHING. Ok, so far, so good. But, as I said, MANA effects are this fast, so, if I tap a shockland for colored mana, the mana comes instantly, but shouldn’t the damage go on the stack? If that was the case, then, could I, in response, play a second Rite? After all, it would resolve BEFORE the damage from the shockland, wouldn’t it?
Well, as I said before, just forcing a way into making Rite less vulnerable, but it can at least mess around with a few heads... Twisted Evil
I don't like YOU.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:46 pm
Nope. The damage from shocklands, Elves of Deep Shadow, and similar cards is instantaneous -- "faster than a speeding bullet," as you say. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:59 pm
Yeah, too bad. Doesn’t quite strike me as something surprising, but still, too bad...
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:11 pm
Yeah, that’s why rite isn’t a ten dollar card.

Anyways, if you could please refer to shocklands as like temple garden etc. and PAINlands for like brushland, it would save a lot of confusion. Thanks.

The name shock comes from the fact that it does two damage, but pains only do one.
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:47 pm
I see. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:16 pm
I actually thought it was the other way around, thanks for the tip ! Cool
No particular reason as to why I came to this conclusion, though... Think
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:52 pm
It’s all good. I always have trouble when I’ve been out of the loop catching up with the new terms, too.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions