LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:47 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I was talking overall, so, turn one, Kirdp Ape = Force Spike of Force of Will.
Signets = Disenchant.
Thank you.
Oh, and btw, turn 1, Kird Ape? Threads of Disloyatly (although it doesn’t come down on turn one, it IS an answer)
I don't like YOU.
mojo
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:49 pm
the most you can run of disenchant is 4 tho..there arn’t many 2 drop artifact hate in white tho.

edit. and i was referring to standard with white btw. -_- Embarassed
physcosick
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:43 pm
turn 1 kird ape? kaijin of the vanishing touch.... it was played in the sideboard of Owl to combat aggro decks. It’s 3 toughness makes it vulnerable to many one drops in the format, plus it bounces it to their hand which give you an opportunity to counter upon it’s recasting. Applause It’s blue aggro tech
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:59 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Wow! Shocked I didn’t know this guy! Amazing!
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:05 pm
Yeah.... I’m good like that Dancing
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:06 pm
Ok. Helix, swing with ape. Helix = agro tech Very Happy

As for not handling Vore, I’ve already addressed this. Because white takes down agro and can play agro, it sort of can handle vore. Not white control, but weenie rush owns vore’s face in.

BTW, the problem with Kajin is he isn’t flying. Also, if vore plays him, they aren’t bouncing any land.

White beating vore: Pure White weenie, WwR, Zoo. As for tron, this is why white isn’t stacked... it has problems against SOME control. However, all other colors have LARGE problems against many prominent decks (black against control, red against... anything, blue against agro, and green against control/burn/combo) White just has some problems against some control decks. The other colors are all auto-loss at the matchups I just said. For more proof, look at the last best deck, Husk, and the new best deck, Flare. Both white. Guess what got THREE T8’s in French nationals? White weenie w/ a little splash. White is everywhere and has a right to be.

And as I’ve said before, name a better color. I’ll trash it.
physcosick
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:20 pm
Like i said before, there is no better color, cause there is no best color.

As for helix, it not only costs 2 different colors of mana (which isn’t ALWAYS a problem) it also doesn’t have the capabilities of kaijin since it doesn’t disrupt your opponents game plan other than you taking 2 every turn. They will still play their weenies after weenie and you didn’t even slow them down 1 turn (in the long run). With kaijin, i slow them down a turn, and can than be able to counter upcoming drops.

Kaijin doesn’t need flying, thats not his point. If you want a decent flying blocker, go with drift of phantasms, but even he isn’t as good agaisnt most aggro decks.

Weenie rush does not own vore’s face, shining shoal and paladin en vec owns vore’s face (but the paladin can and will be dealt with.... shining shoal? not so much.... but what is X going to be in an aggro deck.... not much... so it may not make a difference). Wildfire ends the game vs. any other aggro deck, hands down, which is why many decks liek tron and WUR control splash red for wildfire.

Solar flare is NOT the best deck, i think it is complete garbage, this coming from myself who has recently just played against 2 of them at my last FNM. It’s inconsistant and just a failed japanese invention but everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.... HOP ON! It will die soon. Greater Good was a much better deck and it died a while ago... if you have solar flare made, you should save your FNM entry fee, build greater good... you’ll still lose... but atleast you won’t be a prick.

PS: One solar flare player went 0-2 drop because the deck was unbeleivable bad and inconsistant. He was really mad... i’m sure his deck is getting dismantled... it’s just not good... I’ve said since the first time i saw it. The only reason it is getting all the hype is because it’s from japan and it was rogue anf therefore won.... thats it.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:26 pm
It wasn’t exactly rogue... it did great in the last JSS, too.

The Kajin does slow me down... a little. If you go first. But it has an easy answer, and slows you down just as much.

Paladin and Shoal do own vore... but so does weenie rush. (this being not wildfire-based vore. This is Vore-based vore. I call Fires based Vore "Fires").

Wildfires isn’t really Vore anyways... but it doesn’t stop against B/W Hand with shoal, ghost council, and paladin. It is good against the traditional weenie, though.

Solar Flare I don’t believe to be the best deck, either, but by it’s performance, it is the current top deck. And whether or not we like it, results are worth something.
physcosick
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:34 pm
La_Sin_Grail wrote:
and the new best deck, Flare.

Think

La_Sin_Grail wrote:
Solar Flare I don’t believe to be the best deck,

Oh... whatever.... I guess I interpretted what you said as.... what you said

and like i said, the reaosn it did well was becuase it wasn’t popular, it was not mainstream. Not many (if ne) people knew how to play against it.

Think back to PTLA Extended tournament of 2005. Moreno came with a rogue UGb maddness tog that now one saw before. It was rogue and everyone was syaing how great it was, randy buehler and mike flores went as far as saying it was the best deck in the tournament. They went on to do some articles on it and how great it was.... oh it got second cause moreno made a lot of play mistakes. But the fact stands, everyone thought it was amazing... now.... it’s terrible.

i gtg now, though... i could prolyl say more... but lucky louie is on
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:43 pm
I meant best performing deck is the best deck. I don’t believe it IS, it just has performed that way of late. I’ll try to be more clear. What is the best and what I think are the best are two different things.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion