LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
mojo
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:11 pm
i’ll put my sea stompy build against husk or hand in hand anyday. it doesnt lose to anything consistently except "vore but its slowly dying out. i beat that combo, paladin, council, shoal eitgh some minor thinking. ever heard of plaxmata? it saves me from that combo all the time.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:06 pm
I like sea stompy. I like it a lot. Unfortunately, so does wrath of god (and I’m pretty sure husk beats it, but it depends on the build).

Obviously I’ve heard of plaxmanta. The problem is, if you’re waiting and casting plaxmanta, you’re not aggressively dropping cards, which last time I checked is the secret agro strategy.

My only problem with sea stompy is the lack of removal. Stompy has no mortify/putrefy/last gasp/char/helix/fetters/Wog about. I know bounce is okay, but it really isn’t going to cut it against hard removal.
physcosick
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:01 pm
Quote:
I like sea stompy. I like it a lot. Unfortunately, so does wrath of god (and I’m pretty sure husk beats it, but it depends on the build).

Sea Stompy runs counters (7-8 to be specific) specifically for mass removal or large threats in the mid-late/late game. As far as the husk match up is concerned... I’m not sure, we’ll have to ask mojo.
Quote:
The problem is, if you’re waiting and casting plaxmanta, you’re not aggressively dropping cards, which last time I checked is the secret agro strategy.

Your able to play plaxmanta because another "secret aggro strategy" is not over extending into removal. So you drop a good number of guys down, get some damage in, and sit back with your counters or plaxmanta to keep those guys a live. And just because your playing aggro (even if you are playing it badly), doesn’t mean you are not going to have untapped lands left over.

Quote:
Stompy has no mortify/putrefy/last gasp/char/helix/fetters/Wog about.

The reason why sea stompy does not use cards like mortify, putrefy, last gasp, helix, faith fetters, and wrath of god is because it’s not in color, obviously. However, if you look at good lists of Sea Stompy, you will notice that they all run Chars and some other form of burn such as electrolyze. Some even run Umezawa’s Jitte.

Quote:
I know bounce is okay, but it really isn’t going to cut it against hard removal.
Who runs bounce? That’s a really bad list, sorry.
mojo
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:31 pm
i beat husk consistenly with sea stompy depending on the build and the sb. also the deck runs alot of draw card to get card advantage. since i’ve played that build i havent gone below .500 winning percentage.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:17 pm
Well I recommend you test against Osion’s husk deck (he has one in physical cards he plays against me simming quite often. Or I could play you with my own little thing...

EDIT: I also don’t count counters as removal. Counters I suppose could stop a wrath, but you can’t out-tempo husk or WwR with sea stompy.
mojo
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:06 pm
sounds good to me...just need to rebuild it for my meta
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:47 pm
k. Um. LMK when you’re on IM or something. I’m not going to be around much I’m afraid (after finishing this week of 9-9 rehearsals I have Saturday rehearsal and then I’m leaving to take my sis to college Sunday... w/e. I’ll try to play you soon.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion