LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:33 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I just noticed that cards like Orc Strategist allow the Shadow player to make a minion lose lurker. Why? Is it just to avoid spotting lurkers?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Hazael
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:49 am
There are decks with many lurker minions for strategical purposes.
You may need to spot 3 lurker minions during the shadow phase to play or do something, but during the skirmish phase you may need a certain minion to skirmish last. for example... Rampaging Easterling is much better off when he is the only lurker minion in the skirmish phase.

It also helps for fellowship that spot lurker minons too.

look at Northern Pelennor

I think that the real strategical purposes of this text have not yet been revealed. I bet there will be more uses for it when the new sets come out later.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:20 am
Emboldened Orc is a good example of a card that can benefit by being the only lurker in play. If everyone in play was a lurker, a smart FP player would do Emboldened Orc’s skirmish first, and negate his strength bonus. Making everyone else lose lurker and the Emboldened keep his will help you maximize his benefit.
All cards do what they say.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:15 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah I have wondered that too thanks!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:17 am
Thanks for the clarifications, Hazael and bib.
I had to put something here.
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:11 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
It is nice to have guys like bib who know the rules well. Applause
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
bobtheorc wrote:

oh yeah him and merrich_hale. what woudl we do without them? Very Happy
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:45 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
bobtheorc wrote:

oh yeah him and merrich_hale. what woudl we do without them? Very Happy

For one thing, it’s Merrick_Hale. Wink
I had to put something here.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:42 am
Eh, don’t worry about it... as you can see in my sig, my real name is Aaron Rhinehart. As a teen in my youth group there were about 3 or 4 Ryans and at least 3 Aarons. People called me either Aaron or Ryan then because my similar sounding last name. Most people can’t spell my last name correctly. They try to insert a D in there somewhere. A lot of people try to spell my first name Arron or Erin (feminine way). I’ve become accustomed to being called by something other than my real name and having it misspelled, so I usually don’t notice.

MH works if you want to go for an abbreviation of my somewhat long online persona.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:57 pm
Merrick_Hale wrote:
Eh, don’t worry about it... as you can see in my sig, my real name is Aaron Rhinehart. As a teen in my youth group there were about 3 or 4 Ryans and at least 3 Aarons. People called me either Aaron or Ryan then because my similar sounding last name. Most people can’t spell my last name correctly. They try to insert a D in there somewhere. A lot of people try to spell my first name Arron or Erin (feminine way). I’ve become accustomed to being called by something other than my real name and having it misspelled, so I usually don’t notice.

MH works if you want to go for an abbreviation of my somewhat long online persona.

how did you choose your nickname (Merrick_Hale) I spelled it right) Exclamation
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions