LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » War of the Ring Block
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:58 pm
This is a new deck I have been working on. Twisted Evil

Castamir of Umbar Corsair Vandal x4
Mumak Rider x4
The Mouth of Sauron Messenger of Mordor x4
Crazed Hillman x4
Wielding the Ring x4
Driven From the Plains x4
War Trident x3
Pavise x3
Countless Companies x2
Last Days x1

Well the deck uses Mouth of Sauron with Pavise to get out anything that you don’t draw to pull off the combo. Weilding the Ring, Driven from the plains, War Trident to put a massive hurt on key companions. Last days is great with Crazed Hillman, and Mumak Rider is there to pop off some possesions. I like Weilding the Ring because it can go on unbound and Rinbound companions. Any suggestions are welcome.
Shame on you I am not looking to change the Idea of the deck just enhance it.
Thanks
Last edited by TheShyzle on Mon May 21, 2007 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:03 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hey, pretty nice. You should have more options to reduce resistance, though, because War Trident keys off of that. I like the fact that you have Pavise, after playing one on Mouth of Sauron, to play on Crazed Hillman, to let him survive his skirmish and get the awesome bonus. But why only one copy of Last Days? That’s a good combo, as you mentioned, with Crazed Hillman. Also, a good counter to Ithilien Blade. If you’re in a condition-discarding meta...you’re in for it.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:37 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I agree that you will want more last days espcialluy since hunters will be coming out in physical from soon.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:04 am
I before E except after c or when sounding like a as in neighbor or weigh... Wielding the Ring.

Anyway, I think you are likely to run into problems with running out of minions too quickly or getting hand clogged with unique minions. With no minion recursion (Last days allows you to play from hand only) this is likely to get creamed by IB rangers that are using Aragorn’s new bow. The main reason that Corsairs and Easterlings do so well with only a few minions is because they have minion recursion with Ships of Great Draught and Black Sails of Umbar. You may be able to filter out your deck nicely and get some stops if you can pull of the combo well (fairly dependent on getting your Mouth of Sauron), but you will definitely need to pair this with a running fellowship in order to win games consistently.

It is a cool idea, but big minions don’t often do much more than stop the free people’s player from moving again unless they are forest Nazgul in which case they are all fierce and big...

I agree with what other people have said... More last days will be very good so that you don’t necessarily have to pull it with the Mouth of Sauron and in case your opponent is playing with some condition removal.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
fingolfin
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:21 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Take out Mumak Rider and put in Some Corsair Champion hr is great with cards that play on companions.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:59 pm
Pretty solid deck, TheShyzle. I advise to take out 1x War Trident and 1x Pavise and replace them with 2x Corsair Champion.
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:56 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yes the champions would give you more minions and you don’t need so many possesion.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fingolfin
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:23 am
I would keep war trident in as it is a must have in a resistence deck, Mumak Rider is not.

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:59 am
fingolfin wrote:
I would keep war trident in as it is a must have in a resistence deck, Mumak Rider is not.

but he needs more minions.
"DáinIronfoot"
fingolfin
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:55 am
that too, but if he needed to remove anything he should remove non-resistence aplicateable cards first.

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » War of the Ring Block