LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

63%
  [ 7 ]  63%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
Lord of the Shire
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:15 pm
Ease the Burden is good, but this deck is more dependant on removing burdens by winning. I didn’t mean to make such a big deal out of it but that’s what it looks like...I’ll fix that.

Yes, the opponent gets alot of twilight, but the wonderfully nice thing about Gandalf is that he can take a beating. And Treebeard gives the fellowship a nice 12 strength companion. You’ll tend to give the opponent massive amounts of twilight but once you are set up it dies down. You want to make a major play early on, like while the minions are still roaming.
Lord of the Shire
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:22 pm
Well for strong companions, once you get out Radagast and Treebeard the other two are just there. Go ahead and let them die if you please. Once you use up Erland he is just an extra twilight token each turn. And Brand, unless you are playing a swarm deck, is just to ensure Gandalf’s safty until you can get the strong ones out. They are only for the beginning set up of the deck.

Please avoid double posting. ~AP
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:22 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Quote:
Well for strong companions, once you get out Radagast and Treebeard the other two are just there. Go ahead and let them die if you please. Once you use up Erland he is just an extra twilight token each turn. And Brand, unless you are playing a swarm deck, is just to ensure Gandalf’s safty until you can get the strong ones out. They are only for the beginning set up of the deck.

I see but I still don’t know...
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Chang
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:59 pm
yes! I’m glad I asked that. thanks for that rin clarification!
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:09 pm
Good article, LotS. I only think that Ease The Burden is extremely vital card, and you should have at least two copies. The article was slightly long, but otherwise a great job! I give it a 3.
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:32 pm
Awesome article! The length was perfect - not too long, not too short.

I’ve played against a deck similar to this, and it is very powerful. It doesn’t need Ease the Burden, since it has Watch and Wait and Glamdring, Foe-hammer. That’s enough burden removal right there, although a copy or two of Ease the Burden won’t hurt.

My only nitpick is that you didn’t really say why the conditions are included. One sentence for 3 conditions is a bit too small. Very Happy

By the way AP, why the low ratings? If you like an article but it has some slight things that you don’t like, it should probably get a 4. Maybe I’m wrong... but after reading your comments I didn’t expect you to give him a 3.

Regardless, I’ll give you a 5. Nice job!
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:12 pm
I think that a 3 means good job, 4 great job, and 5 means that the article is the best on this site. So going by that AP’s vote is not that low. AP when are you going to vote? I give tha article a 4 but it could have been a high 3.
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:14 pm
Here are my interpretations:

5 = extremely well-done article
4 = good article
3 = mediocre article
2 = poor article
1 = never should have been written
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:40 pm
That is helpful. Although I think that there is a thin line between 3 and 4.
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
sperzdechly
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:35 pm
My friend used to play Gandalf, BoO. I can’t belive you would play it without Jarnsmid, Barding Emissary!!! He’s crutial in triple move. You use him and Mighty Steed (it can be recycled with Erland! So you can use it at every site!) to swith to Gandalf and go further and further...Then you can forget about Ease the Burden which for me is pretty poor card. If you play Jarnsmid early with AWINL you even don’t need to use Watch and Wait. I would try to add some Terrible and Evil - for me is a must-have in any Gandalf Deck.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest