LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Chang
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:12 pm
I don’t actually own any sites from any of the latest sets. actually, I dont own any sites from Mt. Doom on. with the new block, it seems that there are no site numbers..and someting called regions. someone care to explain that?
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:40 pm
Sure!

From the Comprehensive Rule book 4.0

Playing sites
If your fellowship moves to a site that has not been played yet, one of the Shadow players must place a new site on the adventure path. To determine which player, look at the site you are moving from. Each site has an arrow at the bottom center of the card. This indicates who is to play the new site, with --> meaning the Shadow player to your right and <-- meaning the Shadow player to your left. (In a two-player game, there is only one Shadow player at a time, so that player always plays the new site.)
That player looks through his adventure deck and chooses any site to play as the next site. It takes on the next consecutive number on the adventure path as its site number. It also takes on a region number: sites 1-3 are in region 1, sites 4-6 are in region 2, and sites 7-9 are in region 3.
The first time the first player moves during the game, a Shadow player looks through his adventure deck and chooses the next site to place on the adventure path. It becomes site 2. The next time a site is added after that, it will be site 3. Both of those sites are in region 1.
You may play a copy of a site on the adventure path even if an opponent’s copy was already played as an earlier site. The copies are treated as different sites, with each given a different site number.

Adding twilight tokens for movement
Each time your fellowship moves to a new site, you must add twilight tokens to the twilight pool for each of the following:
• Add the number of twilight tokens indicated by the Shadow number of the site you’re moving to.
• Add 3 twilight tokens if you are in region 2, or 6 twilight tokens if you are in region 3. (You may find it easier to remember this: add 3 if you’ve passed the sanctuary at site 3, or add 6 if you’ve passed the sanctuary at site 6).
• Add 1 twilight token for each companion in your fellowship.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
syndrome
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:17 pm
The new sites are what they should have been like all along. They became an important and functional aspect of the game which is quite interesting and fun to use to your advantage.

I hope you get a chance to mess around with them soon!
http://myspace/delicatesituation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions