LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Hazael
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:45 pm
Format: Standard Men

This deck kicks serious fellowship @$$. First game I killed the companion of my choice on site 2. Second game this deck killed a companion of my choice on site 2. Third game this deck killed a companion of my choice on site 4. Fourth game this deck was luckily stopped from killing a companion of my choice at site 2. And so on. (couple games I didn’t kill anybody till like site 5 or something, but I was having stokes of bad luck)

First you take a good long time to think about your move.
Then, you can use Rapid Reload or Commander to exhuast any unbound companion, use dunlending trapper to assign a Men minion to that exhausted companion, and finish him off with whistling death or bloodthirsty. Getting dunlending trapper is not to hard with bold easterling and courageous easterling, and crazed hillman works nice when he isn’t needed. Archery doesn’t affect it with pavise, so there really is no way to fight it but by choking it.
Nice thing about this is... if you don’t have any whistling deaths or bloodthirstys in hand, you can just find a companion with less than 8 strength and finish him off with trapper’s strength of 7. I’ve done that several times.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get the pictures to some of these new cards at: http://forums.fanhq.com/viewtopic.php?t=52287

(35)
Minions:
4 dunlending trapper
4 Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings
3 The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor
3 Bold Easterling
4 Courageous Easterling
2 Crazed Hillman

Possessions:
4 Pavise

Events:
4 Whistling Death
3 Bloodthirsty

Conditions:
2 Rapid Reload
2 Countless Companies

= game over
Last edited by Hazael on Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:51 am; edited 1 time in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Hazael
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:13 pm
It proved itself ineffective against many ents... I work to kill off one of them and 3 more come out. Mad It works great for those fellowships that depend on 2-3 primary companions for a strategy.

It leaves an eowyn wounding deck useless because the shadow chooses the assignment. Even if she is not exhausted by the skirmish phase my trapper gives her no chance, and if eowyn has a mount she needs to exert twice to kill me... I can use my turn for whistling death.

Pavise leaves elven arrowless.

Strategic wound leaves event fellowships powerless.

Ithilien blade seems to be the key here, but take a look... I have a good ratio of cheap minions in my shadow side. Ithilien blade can take out several of my minions without even altering the outcome. Now I can get out dunlending trapper to end it for those rangers who used for IB.

Noble Leaders decks bite deh dust.

Gandalf decks find out what its like to need Pinnacle of Zirakzigil over and over again.

Ents are a pain.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:29 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
What type of freeps side did you pair this with?
Besides ent can any other deck take this one down?
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Hazael
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:35 pm
I’m going to pair it with an ent pincussion/power deck.
(x4 strange meeting with pallando and alatar Wink )
Right now it’s with my battle test’d eowyn wound deck.

Other than ents I do not like to see fortification knights either.
Last edited by Hazael on Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:02 am; edited 1 time in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:02 pm
Wow! Nice deck. I can see that you put some thought into this.
One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One thing to bring them all
And In the darkness bind them
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:00 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Hazael wrote:
I’m going to pair it with an ent pincussion/power deck.
(x4 strange meeting with pallando and alatar Wink )
Right now it’s with my battle tested eowyn wound deck.

Other than ents I do not like to see fortification knights either.

Why is it called ent pincussion?
Is it just me or do Knight Decks seem to be very good against swarms and slightly lower strength minions?

And what does a Battle Tested / eowyns wound deck look like? Think
I assume it has Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Hazael
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:05 pm
You will see the eowyn wound deck.
The fellowship that can only be told as an article.
...next month.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:22 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
whoa look like a deck that could kill. I look forward to the article! Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:58 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Hazael wrote:
You will see the eowyn wound deck.
The fellowship that can only be told as an article.
...next month.

Eowyn wounding rocks. It whups enduring Shelob quite easily. Trust me-I lost to it. Very Happy
Have fun with the article!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
syndrome
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:39 am
Eowyn Wounding

Main Eowyn wounding deck is what I refert to as super arch... because well, it kicks total ass in the archery department. I mean Eowyn is good and all, but most of the time you don’t even need her. Use elves with eowyn and aragorn, use x4 elven bow, either greenleaf or the one that is reveal -> wound and then rumil and denindel. couple marksmanship, and an aragorn’s bow, ranger’s longbow on gorn. with all luck you can get 8 archers (4 bows, gorn, legolas, denindel and rumil) and then can use gorn’s bow for extra wounding and then Eowyn is the icing on the cake.

I use Into the West with Uncertain Future / Rumil / Nenya (the heal 2 stack 2 one) to remove threats.

Deck Kicks butt, I use it with almost all my decks atm ^_^

Entish Pincussion

Relies on lots of ents with the highest vitality you can get on them to take wounds so you can run/survive until 9/shadow win.
http://myspace/delicatesituation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard