LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
powerhaus
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:52 pm
this is just a little side note, but im going to gen con this year and im running a troll/dwarf deck with the usual using of goblin hordes to bring as many discarded trolls into hand then using the keyward to add twilight. My fellowship is more of an experimentation. Im tryin to use the new strategy of makin gloin a beast by adding tons of tokens with well crafted armor then removing them to make gloin strength +2 for every token removed. Ive hardly ever used this deck and im worried that if i dont get it just right b4 gen con im gonna get mauled. If you were me would u use this new dwarf token thing or some other fellowship? if u think i should use a different one, which one should i use?
Hazael
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:08 pm
whats the format?

Either way I’d go ents over dwarves. Ents are way safer and handle the corruption, archery, and condition/possession removal WAY better.
Ents with x4 strange meeting, Pallando, Far-traveling One, and Alatar, Final Envoy is unstopable.

Thow in Quickbeam, Hastiest of All Ents; Shepherd of the Trees, and Not the First Halfling with Alatar, final envoy for more power too.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:16 pm
is it worth it to buy all those cards? they must be really expensive when you add them all up. if i do run dwarves what wouldbe the smartest strategy to run with them. im no newbie at this i just dont wanna get destroyed at gen con cause ive never been there and i hear there are some amazing players there. any hints will help. thnx.
Hazael
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:28 pm
Yeah its expensive. You should check it out for the first time to see what your up against. No offense, but you should be prepared to be slaughtered on your first time.

I’d give you a fellowship that would definately be worth the money, but I don’t know if CC has them all in stock. It would still be a pretty penny.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:50 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Dwarves are by far the strongest fellowship, but ents are most definitely safer. They’ve got plenty of vitality, and when they’re together, they become incredibly strong. Also, use Quickbeam, Hastiest of All Ents along with Shepherd of the Trees and Momentous Gathering to play ents in the maneuver phase.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Powerhouse
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:05 am
ive been to tournaments before so i know what to expect i was just wondering bc my friend said that everyone is gunna be running that evil men archey deck and that i needed more vitality to even survive. ive searched but i cant find any cards that dwarves have besides blood runs chill to possibly prevent the evil mens high archery count by discarding conditions. do u possibly know of any more dwarven cards that can discard conditions?
PS: do you have any idea if this years gen con is gunna be like every other tournament with everyone running either the men archery i was talkin bout or forest nazzies or corsairs? thank you for your time.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:35 am
Gencon will likely have quite a few tier 1 decks, so expect to see a lot of Forest Nazgul, Corsair and evil men archery decks, perhaps even a few Morcs. There could also be a couple of strange fellowships and shadows out there like last year.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
michael knight
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:38 am
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Have you ever played Ents before? Not that it is that hard, but you should play something that you are comfortable with. Dwarves have no pauses, no spills. Ents have saved from the fire. Dwarves have Blood runs chill, ents have...nothing that powerful, but I hear pallando is good Smile
Dwarves have dwarven bracers to help witht he archery, and if you run proud and able, then Gimli’s resistance should be huge, so with the Ring of Rings he can take archery as burdens if needed.
Gencon isn’t that far off. You may be better off playtesting and tweaking your dwarves than trying to get the cards for an Ent deck, and then have build it and playtest it before gencon.
One Man Can Make A Difference
fingolfin
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:39 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Neither, Get a Hobbit Hospital deck and you will never have to worry about those problems.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:10 am
Hobbit Hospital? I haven’t heard that term used since the use of Hobbit Party Guest, Rosie Cotton hobbiton lass, Farmer Maggot chaser of Rascals, The Gaffer Sams father and Frodo Old Bilbos Heir were used in fellowship block to remove a minimum of five wounds per turn.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion