LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:20 am
I think you should play your dwarves. Something your familiar with and like. Ents would take time and money to get just right, and it looks like your dwarves are nice.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:00 pm
i strongly agree with elf lvr in the fact that dwarves are very strong and have nearly unlimited potential when it comes to raw POWER!! STICK WITH DWARVES!
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:01 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
i strongly agree with elf lvr in the fact that dwarves are very strong and have nearly unlimited potential when it comes to raw POWER!! STICK WITH DWARVES!

i agree most definetely. Instead of having an unused ent deck, go with dwarves.
One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One thing to bring them all
And In the darkness bind them
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:22 pm
DWARVES RULE!!!
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:00 pm
Dwarves are good but...

Yes they are very powerful against many cultures, but in my experience they curl up and die against any kind of assignment phase stratgy (and there are a few of them out there) and anything that has to do with corruption.

Gencon is about playing a powerful deck that you are comfortable with and know inside and out. A confident player who plays his tier1/tier2 deck and knows it inside and out will do better than someone who has a netdeck that they aren’t comfortable with.

My advice is to play what you are comfortable with and see how it goes. Granted you have 2 months until Gencon, so that might be enough time to tweak and change your decks or get comfortable with a new fellowship.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:06 pm
ya i suppose, im gunna stick with my dwarf and troll deck tho, ive practiced a lot with it lately and im gettin to where i can play it just right. wut r u bringin to gencon?
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:10 pm
Merrick_Hale wrote:
Dwarves are good but...

Yes they are very powerful against many cultures, but in my experience they curl up and die against any kind of assignment phase stratgy (and there are a few of them out there) and anything that has to do with corruption.

Gencon is about playing a powerful deck that you are comfortable with and know inside and out. A confident player who plays his tier1/tier2 deck and knows it inside and out will do better than someone who has a netdeck that they aren’t comfortable with.

My advice is to play what you are comfortable with and see how it goes. Granted you have 2 months until Gencon, so that might be enough time to tweak and change your decks or get comfortable with a new fellowship.

Like he said. I think you should stay with dwarves, but change it and tweak for the next two months.
One Ring to find them
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:12 pm
ya you wouldn’t happen to have an extra blood runs chill layin around would ya? Very Happy
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:13 pm
Lots of stuff. I need to get in some practice between now and then. I might bring some decks that rely on the older minions and cultures just to make a statement about how I dislike the Minion culture reorganization, but I haven’t decided yet. I haven’t seen Morcs in a while and it might be fun to dust of that deck. Corruption Nazgul are fun as are Besiegers and Corsairs. Forest nazgul are good to play, but a bit repetitive so not sure. As far as free people’s sides go, I’m going to have to see what meshes well with the shadow I select.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:17 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
ya you wouldn’t happen to have an extra blood runs chill layin around would ya? Very Happy

No.
One Ring to find them

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion