LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

53%
  [ 7 ]  53%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 13
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:35 pm
first off, every deck relies on something and wil have some or a couple weaknesses, if your deck has no weaknesses, please, send me your deck list, also, there are risks in every deck, sometimes i may not pull the right card at the right time, but you cannot bring a side-source like luck in and rate my deck based on the fact that i ’might’ not draw a card. that would be like me saying that my elves would eat your nazgul alive, every culture has a weakness, and that is why this game is fun, obstacles must be overcome and risks must be taken to excell at this game, it is just the question of how much of a risk will you take? i apreciate your honesty and will try to make changes to my deck in the weakness areas you have pointed out, thank you for your time.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:20 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Every deck does have something, and all decks have weaknesses...but some weaknesses are easier to exploit than others. Grown Suddenly Tall would erase both your Free Peoples and Shadow strategies in one fell swoop. That’s one of the reasons I don’t like tokens.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:46 am
yes this is very true, but every deck has its ’kryptonite’ card. and now days, many, many decks rely on conditions so "grown suddenly tall" could destroy many decks, face it, its just a great car and unless D puts it on the x list were all gonna have to get used to it. personally i enjoy having cards like this in the game, it gives you a challenge that you must overcome, i personally think it was a mistake to put demoralized on the x list and not howdah or rapid reload, but now im geting off the subject. (most every deck relies on conditions so it is unfair to say that my deck sucks simply because it relies on conditions like so many other decks) so all that im saying is that you cant say a deck is bad just because there is a card out there that could completely destroy it. would you say that ninja gollum is bad just because of that stupid smeagol card that lets the free peoples player discard all his opponents shadow events? (forgot the name of it sorry) OF COURSE NOT! ninja gollum is a great deck and a dificult one to beat at that, but it relies on conditions and events MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, more than the deck i am using does. therefore i do not find it fair to give me a bad rating simiply because there is a card out there that could "eat my deck alive" as so many people say. im just in this LOTR thing for fun anyway, i know ill have a better chance at tourneys if i just follow the crowd and make a lurker swarm, or an evil men archery (which i HATE), or a forest nazgul deck, but if you do that, its not as much fun. true, you may win more, but your not really the one winning, the deck that the original designer built is winning, so id rather lose a game with my deck than go undefeated with a "bandwagon" deck. Well, im done for now! Very Happy Very Happy
reggierockz
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:30 am
I like the idea that you did focus more along the lines of an original deck. In today’s highly competative meta, it is hard to play something original (or a variation of something common) and be able to win. Anyway, next time around, I would try to improve the structure of your article, nothing I can say hasn’t already been said. Again, proper grammar and spelling is a must. It shows you took the time to really put thought into your work and double check everything over. Regardless, cool idea and bonus points for originality.

-reggierockz
"They have a cave troll."
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:42 pm
thanks for realizing that this game is not all about winning with the newest "bandwagon" deck, but that it can also be fun to play with your own custom deck as well ( i may not win as many tourneys as the guy who plays forest nazzies or men archery, but i guarantee i have more fun even when im losing, and that is what this game is about, having FUN Mr. Green Mr. Green )
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:48 pm
im thinkin bout addin a grimbeorn, bc with a troll deck, thats like an automatic 15 strength boost every turn (22 with mountain troll)! i cant belive i havent thought of that before! Very Happy
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:53 pm
Go with the grimmy! Very Happy
Quote:
would you say that ninja gollum is bad just because of that stupid smeagol card that lets the free peoples player discard all his opponents shadow events?

What card’s that? And do you mean conditions? Discarding events wouldn’t do very much, since they get discarded anyway...
Ninja Gollum may use more conditions than this deck, but it doesn’t need them all. They just all work towards a single goal. With this deck, Goblin Hordes is the one thing going for you, and it’s a simple target to take out. Pallando, Seclusion, etc.
But it’s a good deck. You need to improve on the structure, grammar, and spelling of the article to get something above a 3.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:00 pm
oops! i meant to say conditions, i just made a mistake, thank you for pointing that out! Very Happy
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:40 pm
You mean Clever Hobbits, then. And that is a good one. But there’s still ways to get around that: Little Snuffler, Horribly Strong, Unseen Foe. Plotting only gives Gollum strength +2, and if it’s discarded, that’s actually bad...because the threats stay in play. So it’s safe to be discarded.

Meanwhile, discarding Goblin Hordes puts a big kink in the Troll swarm. Also, what if your opponent makes you go first? You might not get a single underground site. Plus, site manipulation through those nasty wraithsses ( Wink ) could do the same thing.

Finally, Shadowplay + Troll’s Keyward isn’t a very pretty thing. It basically robs you of 10.
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:06 pm
You’d want to include a couple ulaire nelya, third of the nine riders in to control the site path.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest