LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

53%
  [ 7 ]  53%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 13
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:02 pm
Pipeweed wrote:
You’d want to include a couple ulaire nelya, third of the nine riders in to control the site path.

Definitely.
I had to put something here.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:00 pm
I think some people have been a little harsh. Condition discarding would kill any deck. and with dwarves it is easier to draw the right card at the right time then with other fellowships. However, put in as many counters to condition discarding as you can fit. And if we met at Gencon, we would see whose deck would come out on top... Twisted Evil (except i’m not goin to Gencon...) Think
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:04 pm
elf lvr wrote:
I think some people have been a little harsh. Condition discarding would kill any deck.
Thats why many decks dont base their primary strength off of Conditions anymore, they try to keep their core abilites off of characters abilites and events.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:16 pm
very true tOO, thanks for the advice, i think i will add those nelyas!

if you’ll notice i have revised my freeps side slightly, hope it works better!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:56 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Gandalf condition removal does not harm all decks equally. There are, in fact, quite a few shadow sides that don’t depend on conditions, one of them being Sauron Grind. I’ve seen Sauron grind played without a single condition. I’ve also been hit hard with fierce nazguls, and the only condition used was Lingering Shadow, which wasn’t needed to kill off my fellowship. Ninja Gollum can kill without conditions.

And just because Grima, Wormtongue got rotated out doesn’t mean that you can weasel your way out of countering him. In expanded, he’s always a threat, unless you find ways to attack him. And that is where true skill lies.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
mhs777
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:49 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
No, PorterTroll’s fine. He’s been defending his deck. He’s not the one who suggested he’s the only one who knows LOTR...

I would assume you’re reffering to me.

Did I ever suggest that, CG? I didn’t intend that in any way and I apologize if that was how you received it. I just get really mad when someone doesn’t pay attention to critical details, and overlooks a deck that has great potential.
orian
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:29 am
your deck doesn’t do anything against galadriel, lady redeemed

what? it has been banned??? You never know!!! Be prepared for that too, when your standard deck will encounter Grima, wormtongue Speak to the hand

seriously, the deck has many weaknesses even in standard, perhaps that would be more interesting to speak about them instead of wondering if it can work in expanded too Shame on you
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:16 pm
but i wont EVER have to go up against grima in standard play because he is no longer legal to use in standard, because of this, if someone does play him while im using my standard deck i will inform them that that card is rotated and that they must remove it from their standard deck.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:19 pm
very ture. however, you might need to find a deck that works just as well in expanded. for example, me and my friends usually only use expanded-format decks and if you insist on just playing standard, you might miss out on some great games

however, that is neither here nor there. not the best article, but a good deck.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
maxidoodle
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:44 pm
Very nice, although you need more troll’s keywards. Wink

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest