LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

53%
  [ 7 ]  53%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 13
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:18 pm
the fellowship looks good, some heavy base strength with a couple of events for the big minions (like maybe sauron). but dwarves ar easy to make good if you have the cards.

for the shadow, all i can say is it is beastly, but does it cycle well enough? it looks to me that for the whole game you just set up for a perfect shadow hand, perhaps to play at least at site five. do you really get the freeps cards you need with an almost constant shadow hand? a good shadow that hits fast, site two or three, like nazgul, for instance, looks like it stands a chance. and perhaps my ranger/smeagol regroup move deck could run before you have a chance to set up. if it works even okay, it double moves every site. and at sites four and five it adds an average of 4 twilight. i have never played a game in which i given more than 6 at those sites. and then once ive set up, the choke continues. it looks like you could have problems against a deck like this.

another thing, do you really need those pummelling blow? your trolls are strong enough. i’d use great cost, which kills decks that break the rule of 5 (esp. with damage + trolls.) it is cheaper ( no exertions ) since it would be in there to discard with beasts of burden or forced march, it would not be worth an exertion just to be able to discard it.

hope i helped
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
paippo
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Quote:
...first off, ill use my two Beasts of Burden (or only one if you have six companions out) to make the keyward cost zero

Shame on you You cannot combine the effects of 2 Beasts of Burden!

elf_lvr is right, your shadow main problem is cycling. Cards like Beasts of burden which need to spot 2 minions to be played don’t help you.

Remove them and use something more useful like unforgiving depths (Someone suggested to add Nelya to control site path but unforgiving depths is a really better alternative for your deck)

Oh, and adda a 4th keyward. Your deck is based on him!

my 2 euros
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:48 pm
elf lvr wrote:
for the shadow, all i can say is it is beastly, but does it cycle well enough?

yes, it cycles like CRAZY!!!! i can often deck myself on site 5 or 6. on a side note, maxidoodle just brought his ninja gollum deck over and i played against it with this deck, i got out 6 trolls and the keyward on site 5, against his 4 companions. needless to say, galadriel cant handle 3 trolls!

the shadow for this deck is BEASTLY!!!! (if you dont believe me, ask maxidoodle, and while your asking him, have him make an avatar for you)

and yes, i am going to add in some great cost in there, thanks for the advice

paippo wrote:
You cannot combine the effects of 2 Beasts of Burden!

i know now that i cannot use 2 beasts of burdens, i realized this as i was doing it as i re-read the card, i only use one at a time now, but thank you for pointing this out. Very Happy
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:35 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
isn’t beasts of burden esesesntially a morgul gates?

cause you could discard ti right?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
hblika
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:55 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
isn’t beast fi burden esesesntially a morgul gates?

Well, I guess you could say that, except:

1) Beasts of Burden is a condition, and since it is a start of the shadow phase action, the FPP might discard it before you get the chance to use it.

2) Morgul Gates doesn’t have a spotting requirement

3) Beasts of Burden is reusable each turn, as long as you have other conditions to discard to pay the cost.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:20 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
isn’t beast fi burden esesesntially a morgul gates?

yes, but it is a condition and if you spot 6 companions you can make the Orc minion cost -4 instead of -2, its basically the same.
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:15 pm
i want to add a splash companion in my dwarf side of my deck, if someone could give me advice on what cards to use to do this i would be thankful
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
brand he works great with dwarves as swam protection and strength bonus
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:37 pm
yes, i already am using grimbeorn, but i wanna add a gandalf for condition and burden removal

any ideas??
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:44 pm
you cant go wrong with LotC.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest