LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

53%
  [ 7 ]  53%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

1 (Worst)  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

Total Votes : 13
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:14 pm
i made some changes to my decklist, tell me what you think, (im probably going to add some unheard of or slaked thirsts in there to use with the preparations)
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:22 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
BTW...hobbitses would wreck this deck very quickly with Shadowplay + Unheeded. Exhausted Keyward = not enough twilight to get out more than about one troll, if even one troll. Hand clog, and no reconcile. FP bombs next turn.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:55 pm
shadowplay also ruins ferny decks, but nobody seems to care about that do they? Wink

what im saying is that everyone is talking about how great ferny is, but he has the same weakness as the keyward, but why does that mean the keyward is weak and that ferny is amazing? shadowplay ruins many decks, its a great card and has a lot of potential. besides, theres only so much vitality that the hobbits can use to exhaust my keyward (or bill ferny), the trolls will get to them eventually. Wink they cant afford to exert 2-3 times every turn for 9 sites. (also, what if they dont even draw shadowplay?)
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:18 pm
No, but you only focus on a Troll Swarm for Site 5. You said so in your article. With a Troll’s Keyward, Keeper of the Beast discarded after the skirmishes, you get your hand clogged with unplayed trolls.

But yes, Shadowplay + Unheeded ruins many decks (by Site 5, BTW, the FP player practically is guaranteed of drawing both). You should just list it as a weakness.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:38 pm
no, im sorry if you misunderstood me but i dont only fight at site 5. what i meant was that my biggest attack usually happens at site 5, if my attack at site 5 doesn’t win the game for me, i will repeat it at site 6, 7, 8, and 9. i send out trolls every site from 3 on usually, i just only make huge attacks from site 5 on.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:04 am
Ah, okay. But how are you going to pull another Keyward until you get cards out of your clogged hand?
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:01 am
i never start clogging until i actually draw the keyward, once i have it, then i start collecting the trolls in my hand
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:56 pm
Yes, but then you play the Keyward, the Shire dude hits him with Shadowplay + Unheeded. Maybe one troll. You’ve got a full hand even after the discard, so you can’t pull anything. Your hand is clogged, and you can’t pull another Keyward from your deck.
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:57 pm
that is how you’d think it would happen, but that isn’t how it works, its hard to explain unless you have played with the deck before
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:34 am
whoah, where did the rest of the posts go?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest