LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:14 pm
This is a pretty openended question, but if any of you are going to GenCon, what decks are you gonna be playin?
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:02 pm
Yep, I’m going and I haven’t decided what decks I’ll be playing possibly something a little off the wall for the qualifiers and then a more standard deck if I make it into day two. Regardless of what I play I’m sure I’ll have fun. This will be my first time playing to be in worlds... Last two years I’ve been a volunteer for Decipher running demos and tournaments.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:28 pm
ya, i hate just copying deck lists off the internet, its like cheating, i think everyone should have to make their own decks, well thats my 2 cents, im off my soapbox
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:45 pm
What is GenCon?
I had to put something here.
michael knight
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:29 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
I am going with two of my brothers. We are going to playtest the crap out of the decks we have, and we are going to take the best 3 decks. Of course, it won’t matter because we are all terrible...but at least I won’t be bored until then Very Happy
my guess is the shadows will be Forest nazgul, corsairs, and evil men archery. Those seem to be the early favorites. Maybe the Ferny deck will make it in there, but I just got that one done and I have only played about ten games with it so far.
One Man Can Make A Difference
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:12 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
What is GenCon?

It’s like this huge gathering of artists and TCG publishers, or something like that.
michael knight wrote:
Maybe the Ferny deck will make it in there, but I just got that one done and I have only played about ten games with it so far.

Heck yeah it’s going to be there! As long as people have the cards, they’ll play it! That’s a very overpowered deck...although Rainbow might beat it. (Shadowplay + Archery to kill the other Men minions)

While you’re there, you might want to check out YourMoveGames...they’ve got this game called "Battleground: Fantasy Warfare" which looks interesting. It’s a wargame played with cards.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
michael knight
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:21 pm
I know the Ferny deck will be there. I just meant that I am not sure if one of us will be playing it or not.

Archery isn’t as bad for ferny as people think. pavise is some good times if used properly.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:58 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Pavise is the cornerstone of Ferny, to be sure. You might want to pack Shadowplay to stop Ferny...in fact, a Hobbit deck isn’t a bad idea...

Or you could do Hobbit + Gandy.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
michael knight
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:10 pm
I am honestly not terribly concerned about ferny yet. I know that it is good, but I need to play against it more to see the best way to kill it. I have a while to figure that out.
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:13 am
i think ferny is gona be a HUGE deck in GENCON right up there with evil men archery! mark my words!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions