LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
this thread will have my random GQ’s so the first one.how does the shadow player assign bill ferny to the ringbearer?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:26 pm
The Free Peoples player cannot assign Bill, so the Shadow player gets to assign him anywhere they want.
All cards do what they say.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
bibfortuna25 wrote:
The Free Peoples player cannot assign Bill, so the Shadow player gets to assign him anywhere they want.

sdweet OK that is what i expected but i ocudn’t believe it.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:57 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Shadowplay is the key, my friend. I am now a Shadowplay believer.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:53 am
my next q.
what are all teh physical formats and their restreictions/x lists
"DáinIronfoot"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:14 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
For the X-lists, try "X-Lists and R-Lists", the thread stickied in this forum.

Here’s the formats:
Open-Anything from any set, even X-listed!

Expanded-Cards from any set may be used; follows X-list and R-list

Standard-Cards from ROTK to Hunters may be used; follows X-list and R-list

Block-All cards must be from one block
    FOTR Block: Fellowship of the Ring, Mines of Moria, Realms of the Elf-Lords
    TTT Block: The Two Towers, Battle of Helm’s Deep, Ents of Fangorn
    ROTK Block: The Return of the King, Siege of Gondor, Mount Doom (not Reflections, I’m pretty sure)
    War of the Ring Block: Shadows, Black Rider, Bloodlines

I don’t know about Block X-lists, except that Fellowship block has none.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:46 pm
SoP: M_H has all the rules and he quotes them very often; if you have a question, just PM him instead of posting a thread.
I had to put something here.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:17 pm
Bib and I are generally pretty good about answering rules questions that are posted on these boards unless someone else has answered it correctly.

In general, one thread with a number of different rules questions in it isn’t as helpful as multiple threads each covering a specific rules concept or question. It is much easier to look at thread titles to figure out if the question has been asked before than to have to dig through threads called "lots of rules questions" to see if your question has been asked.

I would generally discourage ongoing rules threads that cover many different topics for these reasons.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:42 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
SoP: M_H has all the rules and he quotes them very often; if you have a question, just PM him instead of posting a thread.

It would probably be better to just have a lot of different threads with specific questions, so that if other people need to know an answer they can browse through the titles of all gameplay questions. Plus, he may wish to have an answer available on the forums that he can refer his friends to.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:35 pm
Merrick_Hale wrote:
Bib and I are generally pretty good about answering rules questions that are posted on these boards unless someone else has answered it correctly.

In general, one thread with a number of different rules questions in it isn’t as helpful as multiple threads each covering a specific rules concept or question. It is much easier to look at thread titles to figure out if the question has been asked before than to have to dig through threads called "lots of rules questions" to see if your question has been asked.

I would generally discourage ongoing rules threads that cover many different topics for these reasons.

OK from nwo on I iwll just post a new thread for each q.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions