LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:33 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i was wondering what a goblina rmory moria swarm deck woudl look like any decklists?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:39 am
There are lots of different versions of moria swarm that use goblin armory, but the key to the deck is replaying your moria weapons over and over again.

The core of the deck was the following cards:
4x Goblin Armory
4x Goblin Scimitar
4x Goblin Scavengers

If you have four Goblin Armory on the table, each time you play a Goblin Scimitar, you get to draw a card and add 4. The Goblin scavengers allow you to play the scimitars from your discard pile so the scimitars can be played over and over again. If you have some minion recursion from cards like They are Coming, Host of Thousands or Goblin Swarms, the scavengers and scimitars can be played at every site for a net gain of 1 twilight and a drawn card. It is a pretty sweet cycle, but takes a fair amount of skill to play since there is so much to remember.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
hblika
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:54 am
Don’t forget Relics of Moria (allthough now restricted in expanded format) and Goblin Runner (a cornerstone in any Moria shadow).

It would also be smart to include some stopping power using the original Cave Troll and/or Host of Moria (for even more recycling of cards).

Fill out the deck with other cheap Moria minions. The Goblin Backstabber is a great choice helping to kill a strong alternate Ring-bearere.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:13 am
Relics isn’t all that necessary. Generally all you need in a classic swarm shadow for the recycling is a way to get back the goblin scavengers to fetch the Goblin scimitars... More minions = good in moria and removing twilight to play a weapon isn’t the best use.

Goblin backstabber is a bit over rated as he usually winds up being assigned by the free peoples player or killed. The core of a straight moria swarm deck should usually look something like this:

4x Goblin Runner
4x Goblin Scavengers
3x Moria Scout
1x Guard Commander
2x Trolls Keyward
4x Goblin Armory
4x goblin scimitar
2x They are Coming
2x Host of Thousands
1 to 2 Goblin Swarms

The rest can be filled in with cards to match your meta and format.

Some other suggestions for fellowship block would include:
2x Cave Troll of Moria, scourge of the black pit
2x Ulaire Nertea, Messenger of dol guldur
1x Ulaire Enquea, lieutenant of morgul
1x Isengard Shaman
2x Isengard Warrior
1x Saruman’s Snows

For Expanded:
2x Host of Moria Legion of the underdeeps
1x The Balrog The Terror of Khazad-Dum
2x Foul Things

For a Firebomb style deck in expanded:
4x Goblin Sneak
2x The Underdeeps of Moria
4x Black Sails of Umbar
4x Corsair Marauder
1x Ulaire Enquea Lieutenant of Morgul
-2x Trolls Keyward

The moria core remains the same with the twilight adding. The rest of your minion choices should be based on the environment and meta you are playing in.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thanks. this is for my bro(younger) or a friend
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:02 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Don’t forget: a Balrog is almost always included in FOTR Moria. It works best in FOTR block, when you can put in The Balrog, Flame of Udun at site 5 for only 8...and almost all of that’s covered anyway by the Fellowship’s move to site 5.

I still like Backstabber in FOTR...with enough minions on the table, he can knock those companions off even if you don’t get the RB. Or, if the RB is equipped with nasty Sting, Elbereth Gilthoniel, etc., then you can pile two of those guys on, win the skirmish, and put five wounds on Frodo! That’s pretty close to exhaustion or corruption there.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:14 pm
In my experience a balrog isn’t that impressive in fellowship block. Yes he is guaranteed to come out, but it only takes a Boromir, Lord of Gondor with Armor or a skirmish canceling card and he is 8 twilight that causes at most two wounds that disappears when they double to six since he can’t stand the sun. Getting a 9 strength companion with Armor isn’t that hard in Fellowship block, so the balrog is pretty much worthless.

As for backstabbers, your opponents must not be that smart if they are allowing you to get two Goblin Backstabber on Frodo. Usually I will throw in a Mithril coat or two and laugh at the pathetic 5 strength minions assigned to Frodo. Again, with Armor on the scene, he isn’t that effective.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:16 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
That’s true...I forgot about Mithril. Although...I haven’t seen it yet on SDA. I’ll probably take it out.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
SnowBalrog
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:32 am
Joined: 26 Sep 2005 Posts: 63 Location: St. Louis, Missouri
I’d actually argue that Flame of Udun is worth it. His secondary text can really put the final nail in the coffin.
Marcus: Our Snow Balrog would be a lot more impressive if it didn't keep melting.
Jason: Maybe if we used a little less lighter fluid...?
syndrome
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:48 am
x4 Goblin Armory
x4 Goblin Scimitar
x4 Moria Axe
x1 Relics of Moria
x4 Goblin Runner
x4 Goblin Scavengers
x2 They are coming
x2 goblin swarms
x3 host of moria
x3 host of thousands
x2 ancient chieftain
x2 goblin flankers

The deck I use currently. Today was fun... I got like 8 guys out against 4 companions, but he had an Isildur RB with narsil and an armor (can’t overwhelm unless tripp’d) but all four of my runners got stacked as well as a host and some scavengers. Those goblin runners re-appeared 3 times (the next 2 sites as well) until he was finally beaten down and overwhelmed ^_^

Oh, and I use 8 weapons because you CAN and WILL get them all out... I had all 4 axes and 2 scims out today (didn’t draw the other 2 scims Sad) those last 3 sites. Moria FTW.

If you play FOTR block you have to drop the 3 host of moria, it’s nice to throw in a flame of udun. Add/remove cards to fit size requirements.
http://myspace/delicatesituation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block