LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
menace64
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:44 am
Since I can’t sleep, I’ll flip through my books and make some random DCs.

Enjoy.

1 •Into His Own Gondor
Condition
Bearer must be Aragorn.
When you play this condition, if Aragorn is bearing a Gondor artifact, you may play a Dwarven condition or Elven follower from your draw deck.
Regroup: Discard 2 Dwarven cards or 2 Elven cards from hand to take a Gondor card into hand from your discard pile.
"’I shall offer him the service of stonewrights of the Mountain...’ ’...the people of the Wood shall bring him birds that sing and trees that do not die.’"

1 Behind the Times Shire
Event • Response
If a site is liberated, spot 2 Hobbit companions to discard a Shadow condition or wound a minion that is not assigned to a skirmish.
"’Much has happened here since you left the South. Your day is over, and all other ruffians.’"

0 Stagnant Pools (Site)
Marsh. While you can spot an exhausted companion, the move limit is -1 (to a minimum of 1).

1 •We Only Wish to Catch a Fish Gollum
Shadow Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, spot Gollum or Smeagol to add 2 Gollum tokens here.
Each time Smeagol is healed, you may add a Gollum token here.
Shadow: Exert Gollum to add a Gollum token here (limit once per site).
Skirmish: Remove 3 Gollum tokens here to make Gollum strength +1.
"’...so juicy-sweet!’"

(That card there is more of a fail-safe. It won’t normally crush an opponent, but can assist when in dire need. And, after all... it’s fish, not steroids...)

1 Rohirrim Messenger Rohan
Follower
Aid - 1.
When you transfer this follower to an unbound companion, you may reveal the top card of your draw deck. If it is a Rohan card, you may heal bearer.
"’Messengers have gone ahead to Helm’s Deep, to warn them that the King is returning tomorrow.’"

Kinda tired now. One more!

Ooo, this one’s going to be nasty...

2 Shrieking and Striking With Beak and Claw Wraith
Event • Skirmish
Play a Wraith mount on your Nazgul; it’s twilight cost is -2. Then you may exert that Nazgul to exert a companion he is skirmishing. If that Nazgul is then exhausted, it is enduring until the end of the skirmish.

Twisted Evil

Talk about the ultimate smack down! Hurrah!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:04 am
Sweet DCs, menace64! Very Happy Shrieking and Striking With Beak and Claw is awesome!
I had to put something here.
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:19 pm
than nazzie card is MERCILESS! Twisted Evil
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:43 pm
I’m scared of the Nazgul card....geez
Pipeweed
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:54 pm
Ouch Twisted Evil Nice DCs menace Very Happy Although I think that the Wraith card is a bit over-powered Wink

EDIT: Hehe. My post count is 222
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:58 pm
Well, my post count is well above 500
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:00 am
Tell you the truth . . . I don’t care Wink

Post count is probably the worst thing that ever happened to forums.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:01 am
No, I couldn’t live with out the constant reminder that I have 580 posts on these forums. I couldn’t live!!!
menace64
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:33 am
I believe in quality over quantity.

But yeah, as soon as I saw that sentence in my book hunt last night, I knew the Nazgul card would be nasty.

And - honestly - I don’t think it’s all that overpowered. I mean, you have to run Nazgul mounts, none of which are tier 1 at the moment. Then you have to save it for the skirmish, giving the FP player enough chances to take him out.

Still doesn’t change the fact that it’s both A) powerful, and B) freakin’ sweet.
menace64
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:32 am
I had another idea for a card layed out like my Nazgul card above.

2 Tangado haid! Hado i philinn! Elven
Event • Archery
Discard an Elven hand weapon from hand to take an Elven ranged weapon into hand from your discard pile. Then, if you can spot an exhausted Elf companion bearing no weapons, play that ranged weapon on that Elf. If that Elf then has strength 7 or more, the fellowship archery total is +1.

Oh man, I’m enjoying these! Gotta do another...

2 Ride for Ruin and the World’s Ending! Rohan
Event • Response
If the assignment phase just started, spot a Rohan Man bearing a mount and reveal the top 5 cards of your draw deck. Assign a minion whose twilight cost is less than X, where X is the number of Rohan cards revealed, to skirmish that Man. Suspend the current phase and begin a skirmish. If that Man wins the skirmish, the losing minion is discarded and you may assign another minion whose twilight cost is less than X.

Really wordy (I reckon it could *barely* fit), but if I did it right this would reflect how horribly-well the Rohirrim plowed through the rank’n’file of Sauron’s armies.

But - and maybe this wasn’t apparent - this card has severe limits. It’s possible to only have one or two minions that are available for trampling. You only get 5 cards revealed, and then you have to hit a bunch of Rohan cards. So usually the only minions to get squashed will be pugs.

Like?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards