LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
BearerOfWisdom
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:20 pm
Why not have a key word for the hobbits to make a minion attacker plus 1 or more? That way you can assign two or more hobbits to one minion and the result be the same as defender +1 works. It makes sense since Merry and Pippin were constantly tag teaming minions in the movie. Oh well...
I tend to use Gandalf alot. There isn't any other character in the game as useful or powerful. I also focus on decks that work together free people and minion.
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:26 pm
that would be awesome but maybe a bit too good. can you say ’overwhelm sauron’ not that hard in a decent everone knows deck. although if you use it u would be easier to swarm...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
menace64
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:30 pm
I came up with an idea for this some years back. Actually, I think I still have it saved in some file on my computer.

*Searches*

Nope.

But when I threw this idea into the open, we eventually agreed that it was too powerful and unwieldy to be effectively created.

In short, you can give it a shot (and I may or may not help - we’ll see), but tweaking it into a balanced mechanic is going to be tough work.
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:19 pm
The idea would get way too strong, as merry can get way too strong in the first place. And Menace, who’s we?
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:53 am
wow, that would be WAY too overpowered, you wouldn’t even know any other companions! if they both add up their strength they could get to a base of like 25 consistently. wow, seems like it would work in theory, but keep in mind, in theory, communism works too! Very Happy
menace64
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:49 am
The only way it would work was if it was a penalty on otherwise undercosted minions.

Say, a Balrog that costs 7 or 8, with an insane strength, but with the keyword which allows X number of companions to skirmish it at once.

Get my meaning?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:12 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
This was actually an idea I also thought of, before I realized how powerful companions could get. I was trying to figure out ways to win a skirmish vs. Uruk Vanguard. Very Happy
It would be great for swarms, as well, if the FP player had to assign two companions to the minon.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:43 pm
But it would also have to be geared towards unbound companions as we wouldn’t want poor Frodo to have Gandalf/Aragorn/Treebeard fighting his skirmishes...
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:20 pm
Here are a couple cool cards that kinda use that mechanic...

1 •Pippin, Friend of Merry Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 9
While Pippin is unwounded and not assigned to a skirmish (and has not been assigned to a skirmish this turn), Merry is strength +X, where X equals Pippin’s strength.

1 •Merry, Friend of Pippin Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 9
While Merry is unwounded and not assigned to a skirmish (and has not been assigned to a skirmish this turn), Pippin is strength +X, where X equals Merry’s strength.

And then maybe an event:

1 Team-work Elven
Event • Assignment
Exert Legolas to make Gimli strength +X until the regroup phase, where X equals Legolas’s strength. Legolas may not be assigned to a skirmish until the regroup phase.
Last edited by AnxiousChieftain on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in totalMODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:52 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Oh, that’s cool!

Another idea for a bizaare mechanic: how about fierce companions? The Free Peoples player could assign a minon to each fierce companion, and the Shadow player could assign the rest of his non-fierce minions to fierce companions.

This would be awesome in the way of letting the Free Peoples player clean up swarms for a double-move.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards