LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I am just going to post random DC’s here at random times. please review them and feel free to post your own reversions of them. My first couple fo DC’s will be based on elves. for starters...

6 Haldir’s Army, Reinforcements of Helm’s Deep
strength 10
vitality 4
resistance 6
Archer
To play spot 3 elves(if you can spot haldir)2 elves. While at any site 5 this companion is strength plus 2. Remove an Elven token from your condition to exert a minion Haldir’s army is skirmishing.

5 Bows of the elves Elven
condition support area
Toil 2
To play spot 3 elves
Each elf gains archer. Discard this condition at the beginning of the regroup phase.
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:44 pm; edited 4 times in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:35 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
7 Haldir’s Army, Reinforcements of Helm’s Deep
strength 10
vitality 4
resistance 6
Archer
To play spot 3 elves(or 2 elves if one of those elves is Haldir). While at site 5 this companion is strength plus 2. Remove an Elven token from your condition to exert a minion Haldir’s army is skirmishing.
I dont know if it really was Haldir’s Army, or an army led by Haldir.

And, here’s the way I would word it.

7•Haldir’s Army, Reinforcements of Helm’s Deep Elven
Str: 10
Vit: 4
Res: 6
Companion • Elf
Archer. To play, spot 3 Elves (or Haldir and another Elf).
While at site 5[TT], this Companion is strength +2.
Skirmish: Remove an Elven token from your Condition to exert a minion this companion is skirmishing.
sickofpalantirs wrote:
[2]Bows of the elves Elven
condition support area
To play spot 3 elves
Each elf gains archer. Discard this condition at the beginning of the regroup phase.
I guess it’s fine. I dont have anything against it, but it’s just. Wierd.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:21 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
2 Well Disciplined Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may add a token here for each Elf you can spot (limit 3)

Fellowship: Remove a token from this condition to remove .
1 Elven Helmet Elven
resistance plus 1
Bearer must be an Elf. Each uruk-hai skirmishing Bearer is strength minus 1.

1 Elven Water
Condition
To play spot 2 elves. Bearer must be a companion. limit one per bearer. at the satrt of each of your turns you may spot 2 elves to heal bearer

1 Swift Reload Elven
Event Archery
Spot an Elf to play a ranged weapon from your discard pile on that elf. Or if you can spot Legolas make the fellowship archery total plus 1.

please review
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:20 am
A few things:

Quote:
2 Well Disciplined Elven
condition support area
To play you amy spot and elf to add up to 3 tokens here.
FellowshipRemove a token from this condition to remove 1.

Why does it say that you may spot an elf. IMO, it should look like this:

2 Well Disciplined Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Elf and add a token here for each elf you can spot (limit 3)
Fellowship: Remove a token from this condition to remove 1

Quote:
1 1 Elven Helmet Elven
resistance plus 1
Bearer must be an Elf. Each uruk-hai skirmishing Bearer is strength minus 1.

Why resistance +1? Logically, would a helm add to your resistance? I think it should add to vitality, or not add to anything, only have a special ability, and change it to helm. For some reasons elves with helmets doesn’t sound right Wink
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:31 am
Pipeweed wrote:
IMO, it should look like this:

2 Well Disciplined Elven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot an Elf and add a token here for each elf you can spot (limit 3)
Fellowship: Remove a token from this condition to remove 1

I think you could simplify it even more by changing it to:

2 Well Disciplined Elven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, you may add a token here for each Elf you can spot (limit 3)
Fellowship: Remove a token from this condition to remove 1.

You can eliminate the spotting requirement, since it is useless to play it if there are no Elves in play. Also, it might need to be unique...
Quote:
1 Elven Water
vitality plus 1
possesion
To play spot 2 elves. bearer must be a companion. limit one per bearer

Seems rather interesting... water that is a possession? It doesn’t seem like the water should increase vitality. I think it should heal the companion in some way.
Quote:
1 Rapid Reload Elven (elves should have one of these)
Event Archery
Spot an Elf to play a ranged weapon from your discard pile on that elf. Or if you can spot Legolas make the fellowship archery total plus 1.

Since the title is already a card, it needs to be changed. I also think you could drop the second ability.

Interesting cards.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:17 pm
humm OK ac I iwll take you advice on well disciplined but I like the rapid reload i guess i will change it to swift. the water one I guess ti is supposed ot eb in a flask adn such. i guesss I will change it to healing

humm i like swift reload the way it is. I don’t see why i should change it
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:25 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
AnxiousChieftain wrote:

Quote:
1 Elven Water
vitality plus 1
possesion
To play spot 2 elves. bearer must be a companion. limit one per bearer

Seems rather interesting... water that is a possession? It doesn’t seem like the water should increase vitality. I think it should heal the companion in some way.

Could be a condition, like Ent Draught.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:29 pm
i just changed it to con.

here are some more to keep you guys busy

0 Knife work Elven
make an elf bearing a hand weapon strength plus 2 (or strength plus 3 an damage +1 if that companion is legolas

1 Counsel of War Elven
Event Fellowship
spot Galadriel to play an elf companion from your draw deck.

4 Aragorn, Commander of Elves Gondor
strength 7
vitality 4
resistance 6
damage +1
To play spot an elf or exert a companion. Aragorn is strength plus one for each of the following you can spot: Legolas, Arwen, Haldir. At the start fo Each skirmish involving Aragorn you may exert a minion an Elf is skirmishing.

That clarify it?
Last edited by sickofpalantirs on Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in totalArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
"DáinIronfoot"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:34 pm
I don’t get the last ability. "At the start of each skirmish involving Aragorn, you may exert an elf to exert a minion Aragorn is skirmishing", perhaps?

You should make him Strength 7, because of his elf-spotting ability. I like that ability, BTW. It has a cool Bloodlines feel to it.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:41 pm
Ah, I get it now. Before, it looked like, "At the start of each skirmish involving Aragorn, you may exert a minion and an Elf he is skirmishing..." and I was wondering how he could skirmish an Elf...

Aragorn: Aha, Legolas! Caught you! You’re not stealing my share of lembas again!! Elendil!

Legolas: Dang.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards