LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:56 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Since the Vore deck we, the members of the MTG Comunity on Cobra Cards, came up with ended up lost in the middle of the Article about it, I decided to post a "finished" version of it here, so it could be then transfered by LSG, Cobra or Phazanzar to the Deck Archive, since it’s a pretty nice build:

Community Vore!

MAIN DECK:

22 Lands

6 Mountain
6 Island
4 Shivan Reef
4 Steam Vents
1 Minamo, School at Water’s Edge
1 Oboro, Palace in the Clouds

1 Enchantment

1 Genju of the Spires

4 Instants

4 Mana Leak

30 Sorceries

4 Sleight of Hand
4 Eye of Nowhere
4 Pyroclasm
4 Stone Rain
4 Compulsive Research
4 Demolish
3 Tidings
3 Wildfire

3 Creatures

3 Magnivore

SIDEBOARD:

1 Genju of the Spires
4 Shattering Spree
4 Boomerang
4 Remand
1 Magnivore
1 Wildfire

I won’t bother going throug card-by-card analysis, since this is a popular build nowadays. If anyone wantto give some ideas, though, or question something, I’ll be more than happy to answer to it! Also, about the SB, I’m thinking of taking out Remand for Volcanic Hammer, and MAYBE Boomerang for Char. Still testing, though.
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:57 pm
Under no circumstances should you remove remand. It’s a CRAZY Card.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:53 pm
Yeah, I tested it, and it sucked BADLY. Although I’m not sure, I think I could board in Heidar, Rimewind Master in place of Boomerangs, though. Maybe 2 Heidar and 2 Voyager Staff?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:17 pm
Heidar is way too slow unless you can establish some sort of lock with him, in my eyes.
physcosick
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:25 pm
I played mag for several months... since the day it was leaked to the internet. But I stopped playing because I got sick of losing to BW. But as for your deck, the only changes main I could change is to perhaps cut a demolish or tidings for a magnivore. Prolly more likely cut the demolish. 4 Demolishes just aren’t needed but 4 magnivores are, especially with all of the removal running around (not to mention stuff like castigate).

As for your sideboard... it’s kind of weird, no offense. First of all, someone said to not replace the remands... they’re really not that good in this deck, imo. Against certain decks mana leak works better, but when compared to remand, it’s generally useless. Your going to be minipulating your opponent’s mana base and they have to function with limited resources, mana leak works fine and remand is unneeded. I, in my SB counter slot, ran Spell Snares. Against aggro, which is a problem, these guys take care of sooooooooo much, and if you are going 2nd, it’s a first turn counter to get rid of their Dark COnfidant, castigate, sakura-tribe elder, signets, umezawa’s jitte, etc, etc. The game is usually altered by that turn, it makes it a lot harder for you. Tron hates Spell Sanre because it gets rid of their counters for 1 mana as well as their signets.

If your metagame has a lot of aggro, your boomerangs are in the right place. But if it’s like mine and has a lot of control, 7-8 bounces in the main helps out a lot. There’s no point in running the wildfire in the board, 3 is enough especially with sleights, researchs, and tidings. You already have a genju in the MD and you should have 4 mags main, so that frees up another 2 spots. You should add a 3rd win condition Meloku the Clouded Mirror or Keiga, the Tide Star are your best options. If, for some reason, you decide to run Bloodmoon in the board, adjust your mana base to get rid of those unnecesary non-basics. Bloodmoon is an ok card, it’s up to you.

Volcanic Hammer is a decent card to throw in against decks that pyroclasm is useless in, I’m pretty sure I ran a few. Shattering spree is iffy, I guess they take care of signets, but so does spell snare and it’s more versatile.

It’s up to you though, I’m just telling you how I ran it and my experiences with it. It’s all about how you like to play the deck, and if it works for you, than go with it. But don’t discard my suggestions, playtest a few of my ideas and see if it helps out some more.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:05 pm
I liked your ideas! I’ll try those on Apprentice, and post the results.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)