LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
JDRobinson
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:07 pm
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Guys, I could use some help on a deck I am trying to make. I never built a Mordor Troll deck. I want to use the Troll of Gorgor, Troll of Gorgoroth-AoS, Great Hill Troll, and a few Gate Trolls. For the support orcs, I want to use Advance Scouts and Advance Captains. Grond and Thier Marching Company for engines, and a few Ithil Stones.

I could use some help. I need a idea of how many of each minion I need. I have a problem where I have the right minions, but to many of one and not enough of the others.

Am I on the right track?

Cool Thanks guys Cool
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.
Boromir
Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:59 pm
I think gate trolls are good and also i think i think this is the name it's atleast close olag-hai of mordor are very good and can be played for free if you use besiegers.Other than those i haven't looked much.
hblika
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:02 am
I've never built such a deck myself, so I don't have much advise to give. But if you're intending to take advantage of the roaming abilities of the Advance Orcs, you definately need a few copies of Rank and File in There. I'm also not sure if Their Marching Companies will do you any good in there, since there aren't many good ways to add threats, without using a few of the threat adding Orcs from RotK. Also try to add a few more Sauron engines, to lower the cost of Troll of Gorgoroth and Great Hill Troll.

I would probaby skip the EoF trolls altogether, and rather focus on the besieger trolls, 4 Gorgoroth Keepers and a host of engines to reduce the trolls cost, and to take control of a few sites.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
JDRobinson
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:11 pm
Joined: 15 Jul 2005 Posts: 64 Location: Warner Robins, GA - USA
Very Happy Thanks guys, Yeah I have not messed with it lately. I need to order some rares from Coner first.

What I am wanting to do is have a deck were you fight orcs from time to time, but all of these trolls keep jumping out and doing damage. I really like the Advamce Capt. because his text is sweet and I wanted to use it for the trolls. His cost and strength alone will keep him alive on account the trolls will be put on the strongest companion. Twisted Evil
The EoF trolls were thier just as a idea, and figuring I wanted a deck with a dozen trolls, his cost will be alot less for each troll spotted.

The deck is still in the works, and if anyone has any other ideas it would be sweet if you could share them. Wink
"Quenuvalye i lamber Eldareva"

-Thou canst speak the tongues of the Elves.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion