LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:15 pm
Here is my new Ninja Gollum. Tell me what you think:

Shadow (34)
1 Gollum, Dark as Darkness
1 Gollum, Mad Thing
1 Gollum, Hopeless
2 Fat One Wants It
3 Not This Time
3 Promise Keeping
4 Captured By The Ring
2 Plotting
3 Shelob, Her Ladyship
3 Little Snuffler
2 Unseen Foe
2 Incited
2 Horribly Strong
1 Treacherous Little Toad
2 Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul
2 Sudden Strike

The deck is for expanded. I don’t think I really need to explain strategy, it’s a pretty basic concept, but if you have questions let me know.

Thanks,
Pipeweed
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:18 am
I was thinking of updating my ninja gollum deck too. I actually came up with exactly the same concept as you.

Nevertheless I did not include Trecheraous little toad. I did not however figure out how to make gollum stay unwounded until the Not this time! / Promise keeping combo can be used. Sweeter meats could be an option for wound prevention but that would slightly dilute the deck.

I would suggest adding Ulaire Lemenya, Eternally threatening as he can add quite a few threats and generally he is a culturally unenforced minion. Also Mumak Commander, Giant among the Swertings could be included maybe at the cost of a little snuffler or a horribly strong.

It would be very easy to adapt this deck to standard format simply ommit Ulaire enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul. Other than that I see that web is not included. That card is of course not neccesary with all the cards playing minions from the discard pile. Nevertheless I think you should consider including at least one copy seeing that you have a couple of cards that discards minions (unseen foe, Horribly strong). It would be a shame not to be able to play shelob, Her ladyship.
Lord of the Rings TCG strategy articles:
The Time of the Elves is Over!?
Rohan Rises From the Dust
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:45 am
everyone seems to suggest Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings for any archery or wounding deck. Don’t you think that if we had him, we’d use him? With the delay on hunters and the general popularity of the card, anyone who doesn’t have him already might not be getting one for a while.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pipeweed
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:09 am
What do you think of adding 2 Hidden Even From Her? Most people in my area play with very large fellowships so I would be able to use its ability most of the time and I can make a wicked combo with Gollum, Dark as Darkness, Horribly Strong and Hidden Even From Her.

hblika
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:51 am
elf lvr wrote:
everyone seems to suggest Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings for any archery or wounding deck. Don’t you think that if we had him, we’d use him? With the delay on hunters and the general popularity of the card, anyone who doesn’t have him already might not be getting one for a while.

If you had him, but didn’t use him, I’m sure it would have been mentioned it as part of the deck strategy. Unless something is specifically written (such as "I don’t use Mumak Commander because..."), we have to assume it’s been overlooked somehow, and therefore it’s natural to mention it as a seggested improvemen. I really wish I could know what the author was thinking when posting a message here, but I must admint my mind reading is somewhat rusty for the time being. Wink
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
hblika
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:57 am
Pipeweed wrote:
What do you think of adding 2 Hidden Even From Her? Most people in my area play with very large fellowships so I would be able to use its ability most of the time and I can make a wicked combo with Gollum, Dark as Darkness, Horribly Strong and Hidden Even From Her.

It’s not a bad combo, but in most cases it will clog your hand while waiting to draw the cards you need to perform it. Interesting idea though Smile
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:59 am
use desert lord or mumak commander, giant among the swertings, their great for free exertions! Very Happy
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:29 pm
Quote:
everyone seems to suggest Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings for any archery or wounding deck. Don’t you think that if we had him, we’d use him?

Yeah you are completely right. It is a very difficult card to get hold on.
Lucky for me i got one together with Bill Ferny in my Hunters starter deck.
Lord of the Rings TCG strategy articles:
The Time of the Elves is Over!?
Rohan Rises From the Dust
fingolfin
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:12 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
Take out Gollum Hopeless and put in Gollum Vile Creature as that one works well with Fat one wants it.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Pipeweed
Posted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:26 pm
OK. I’ll try with Hopeless first though.

Everyone Else: I’m not sure I want to splash in any minions ATM. I like all of my Gollum cards Razz. Any suggestions of additional cards to take out/throw in?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded