LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:10 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, if someone around here is familiar with the Highlander format...

1. Are you allowed to have two cards with the same title, even if they’re different cards? (For example: Aragorn’s Bow and Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow)
    2. What sets can these cards be from? Is it Standard rotation?
    3. Are the X-lists and R-lists any different?

Thanks!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:56 pm
no you cannot, just as you cannot have gimli, lord of the glittering caves and gimli, bearer of grudges out at the same time, you cannot have 2 unique posessions with the same title in play at the same time.
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
what is highlander format pleas explain.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:49 pm
Highlander format: you may only have one copy of each card in your deck.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:59 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Highlander format: you may only have one copy of each card in your deck.
\

o sounds interesting
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:57 pm
yes it is, but it is very challenging bc you have to draw the right card at the right time, no room for error (also you have to be careful what you discard) Very Happy but its fun

ive only played it with one person before tho
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:01 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
yes it is, but it is very challenging bc you have to draw the right card at the right time, no room for error (also you have to be careful what you discard) Very Happy but its fun

ive only played it with one person before tho

it siounds like making a good minion side would be hard though.
"DáinIronfoot"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:53 pm
Not necessarily. Just put a bunch of different minions in that basically do the same thing, but are different. That’s actually the key to Highlander: find cards that do basically the same thing.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:54 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Not necessarily. Just put a bunch of different minions in that basically do the same thing, but are different. That’s actually the key to Highlander: find cards that do basically the same thing.

funny I will have to see if anybody I kno has a deck
"DáinIronfoot"
orian
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:40 am
highlander games are broken

I’m generally playing the tournaments online... and the shadow are always like 1 item of each banned minion.

my deck for example is 1of each wounding minions (mumak commander, black gate sentry, new ugluk...) + 1 of each banned guy (bill ferny, ulaire nertea from fellowship) and the best guys from first block (ulaire enquea...)

the goal is to plya enquea again and again

in fellowship, I use merry’s sword/ galadriel, lady redeemed, which works pretty well
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions