LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:34 am
The Prancing Pony is by far the rowdiest little inn in the town of Bree. After sunset on almost any day of the year, a traveler might find the common room stuffed full of Hobbits, Men, and perhaps a Dwarf or two, all downing pint after pint of Butterbur’s Best, telling incredible stories with incredible smiles on their faces.

Tonight the place is as packed as ever, yet if a drop of beer spilled onto the hearth, all would hear it. It takes a very unusual happening to bring such silence to the Prancing Pony, and indeed something very unusual is happening. A ranger has just entered, running as though pursued by Morgoth himself, and shouting a word unheard of in these parts:

"Orcs!"

The ranger is tall and strong far beyond the measure of any man of Bree. Indeed he is one of the noble race of old Numenor, and his vigilance has helped keep the surrounding lands safe for many years. His name is Elendun, "the western star," but even those few who know him would not now recognize him. His face is bruised, his hair disheveled, his eyes wild, his shoulder gashed and bleeding. He wields a naked sword, but the blade is notched and fouled with dark blood. A bow is slung across his back, but the quiver is empty.

"They are coming... Orcs. So many of them. Don’t know... where..." He gasps for breath. "So many... all alone. Help me! Who will help?"

Without warning, Elendun, silent guardian of Bree, falls to the floor. His sword clatters away.

As the bar’s patrons look at each other in fear and astonishment, a cold wind blows through the open door, and with it comes a haunting sound -- a sound of shuffling feet and gleeful laughter. Barliman Butterbur quickly closes the door, locks it, and backs away.

The air hangs thick and motionless in the Prancing Pony. No one speaks, but all minds are racing. The wounded ranger; the untouched sword; Orcs in the streets of Bree! And the ranger’s plea... Who will help?
Last edited by Cobra on Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:47 pm; edited 10 times in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:11 am
Dunaglar happened to be sipping a pint of Butterbur’s best when he saw this commotion. He immediately leapt up to go to the ranger’s side and help him. He took a peek out of the door to see how many orcs there were and if he would need some help. Seeing that the streets were filling with orcs and uruk-hai very quickly he gets together a few of the men and starts to help everyone to safety.

"Everyone into the upper rooms of the inn. Make them think no one is here. I will run to my Dunedain friends to help quell this invasion. I will be back shortly."

Dunaglar left the inn with a slammed door and speed on his mind. He ran into Barliman’s barn where his horse was being housed and cared for. He leapt onto the back of Taragollo with much speed intended.

"Noro lim, Taragollo, Noro lim"

Dunaglar sped into the darkness trying to reach his Dunedain friends as soon as possible. Once he reached the Dunedain he was positive more help would come.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:32 pm
Kyldon wandered through the streets of Bree, a company of Dunedain rangers behind him. The young man hid his sword behind his cloak, so as to attract as little attention as possible. His eyes glinted keenly from the shadowy depths of his face, darkened by the folds of the hood he wore over his head.

Without warning, a great clattering sound reached his ears, along with the shrieks of a foul company. He stood tall and listened for but half of a second.

"Orcs," he muttered in grim disgust.

The Dunedain Prince threw back his hood and a sword with an elkbone hilt flashed in his hand.

"This way!" he shouted to his company. They followed him, unsheathing their swords as they went. As they round a street corner, a company of orcs rushed towards them. Caught off guard, the rangers were swept back by the barrage of orcs. At least two score or more passed before the rangers were able to regain their footing. Kyldon pushed his way into the creatures’ midst, slashing as he went. He already bled from a slice on the arm, yet seemed not to notice. Many orcs surrounded him, flailing their weapons wildly, yet he seemed not to care, spinning through their ranks until most of them lay dead, and the few who yet lived had run from the Dunedain rangers who fought with their fearless leader.

As Kyldon breathed heavily, a new sound met his ears, a clattering of horse hooves on the stone road. He moved towards the sound, and a horse galloped towards him, bearing a strangely familiar figure. With incredible agility, the rider leaped from the back of his steed and pushed his hood back, coming to stand right in front of Kyldon.

"Dunaglar."
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:39 pm
Approaching hoofbeats broke the stillness of the night. Fourteen of fifteen men clad in dark garments cantered slowly up to the door of the Prancing Pony. As they dismounted, a glimmer of silver beneath their cloaks revealed to Kyldon and Dunaglar that these men bore swords. The men walked into the Prancing Pony and cast back their hoods.

The tallest of the group walked forward. "We bring word from Telmonar of Mirkwood." Several of the patrons looked up at the mention of the name. The speaker continued. "Thranduil of Mirkwood heard of your troubles with the foul Orcs, and Telmonar ordered us to come and help you. We have fifteen armed men at your service."
I had to put something here.
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:47 pm
Gagnut was following the band of orcs all the way from the blue mountains as he was marching he thought about how he had gotten here, they had passed by his hovel while he was gleefully smashing a coney with a rock, they look like they needed a few more weapons as most of them were only wielding pieces of wood with rusty nails protruding out of the mangled and knotted wood. They said they were a group of mountain orc that had lost their former home to a clan of dwarves, they weren’t more of the healthiest orcs that Gagnut had seen, but he would go along with the promise of spoils, the troll hadn’t had a good breakfast of man-flesh since before he could remember. The orcs were going to the south where they had heard that there were softer creatures than what they had in the north, they raided a few farmhouses and they killed a few settlers, but they were unimpressed until they passed by a cave, in the cave was a grizzled old goblin, the goblin told them “Theer iss ah vulage uun durn de outh at as meny urft eats ur eaton” He threw a casual glance as the ancient creature looked like it had just swallowed a whole cow with its ears(they were big), and then he left the cave, he told his orcs that there was a large settlement nearby, and they marched. While the troll was still pondering on how he got had gotten there, there was an arrow that struck the orc next to him right through the neck, he saw an man clad in the green of the forest, he had a bow in his hand and he was aiming right for the troll, Gagnut was him in the arm, but the troll picked up his axe and threw it right at the man in green, it missed the man and stuck itself in a tree not a yard away from it’s head, his orc jumped on the elf and managed to hit the man with a few blows to the shoulder, the elf managed to get away. A few of his orc were dead, but there were many more from where they came from, for while he was on his journey, his company had swelled to 12 score and 5, he was taking down the house.
For these were not normal orcs, but fighing uruk-hai of sauruman.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:58 pm
Dunaglar immediately rushed over to the man lying on the floor. He pulled some athelas out of a small pouch on his side. he helped the man get it down and let barliman take care of as he haeard a cry that he much feared.

“Troll!”

He had heard on of the men scream. He immediately ran out the door and looked into the disctance. he nocked an arrow to his bow and with great accuracly and precision he watched another orc fall dead next to the troll. he then used his elf eyes to see if there were more to come. He had spotted more legions of Uruks and there kin coming this way.

“Everyone inside we have a big battle to prepare for! There are more of them coming we must prepare what we can. Unfortunately I am afraid Bree has come under siege.”

He leapt through the doorway and started getting as much help as he could.
MySpace
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:01 pm
"Men of Telmonar! Men of Telmonar! Make ready your swords!" the tallest of Telmonar’s men shouted. Butterbur hustled the patrons into rooms and locked the doors, then hid himself. The door began to quiver with powerful blows. The door broke open, and nearly ten Uruk-hai leaped in. The men assembled themselves together in a large group and charged the Uruks. The men on Telmonar took down two Uruks, and Dunaglar and Kyldon hewed down many. Suddenly, the troll’s roar was heard.
I had to put something here.
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:17 pm
At the sound of the troll’s roar, all of the men stood still, ignoring the dead Uruk bodies that lay crumpled at their feet. Kyldon glanced over at Dunaglar, who nodded as if they shared some strange telepathic connection. Kyldon grasped his sword tight.

"Hold off the orcs for a while longer," he shouted to Telmonar’s men, "Dunaglar and I will deal with this troll."

Kyldon and Dunaglar leaped through the broken door as Telmonar’s men followed behind to attempt to slow the rush of orcs before them. The troll was lumbering through the streets with an iron hammer clasped in his fist. He roared again, and swung his hammer wildly. Kyldon leapt towards the troll and nimbly attached himself to the beast’s back. He scaled the tough hide like a rock wall, coming to stand on the troll’s shoulders. The prince drew his long knife and made a move to stab the beast through the back of his neck, but the troll lurched heavily and Kyldon was flung over the creature’s head. He hit the stone pavement hard and lost conciousness.

Dunaglar then turned to face the troll alone . . .
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:50 pm
... when suddenly a dark shape fell from the sky and landed atop the troll’s massive head! A knife flashed. The troll tried to shake off his attacker, but to no avail; it was stabbed again and again, and with a howl of anguish it turned and loped off into the darkness. The stranger jumped down from the troll’s back, landing safely but heavily on the ground.

As the stranger staggered to his feet, the stunned Dunaglar realized that this was the ranger who had first raised the alarm inside the Prancing Pony. His face was an ugly mess, and his injured shoulder had been tied up rather hastily in a sheet. But the beaten look was gone, and the eyes burned now with the fury of battle. Dunaglar recognized that look...

"Elendun!"

The two old friends smiled and clapped each other on the back. A thousand questions could have been asked, but there was no time for any of them. Man and Elf lifted their young comrade from the ground and dragged him inside. Dunaglar set about reviving Kyldon, while Elendun barricaded what was left of the door.

I have failed, Elendun thought. I thought I could protect these people. I should have foreseen this... and now we have few defenders here, precious few.

Through gaps in the wood he could see Orc-shadows flitting back and forth. And somewhere out there was a very angry troll.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:58 pm
Dunaglar laid Kyldon on one of the cleared off tables in the inn. He then started to slap Kyldon vigorously to try and wake him. When Kyldon was finally awake he left the Dunedain to tend to their prince while he went to join Elendun.

“Good to see you again. You look awful.”

Dunaglar then went to find some provisions that they could use for the oncoming siege. He took some of Barliman’s brew and spread it on the grund in front of the inn. As far as he knew everyone was taking hiding in the inn rather than staying in their homes. He sent Elendun to one of the top rooms to shoot a flaming arrow into the brew when he had called for it. As for now Dunaglar just waited for more help and waited for the onslaught.
MySpace

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing