LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:14 pm
Kyldon awoke with an aching head. He could vaguely remember what had happened, and he remembered Dunaglar standing over him and then leaving. After that, he had dropped unconcious again. He sat up on the table and looked around, trying to figure out where he was.

"It’s good to see that you are well, my friend."

Kyldon turned to regard the speaker. Despite his aching head, his face broke into a grin as he leapt off the table and clasped the man’s forearm firmly.

"The very same, my friend."

Dunaglar proceeded to explain to Kyldon their predicament, as Kyldon mused over every detail. By the time Dunaglar had finished speaking, Kyldon had already devised some plans.

"We must baricade all gates into Bree. Let no man pass in or out of the town. Get all the people into the Prancing Pony, and wet the streets with oil. We can set it alight with flaming arrows if more orcs and Uruks swarm the city. How much food and water do we have?" . . . . . .
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:28 pm
Ulgoth the Troll had been watching the orcs enter bree, since he prefered to fight on his own, he did not join the fight, not even to save the lives of the orcs who had been mercilessly mauled by a troop of what looked to be men.

Ulgoth knew he could tear the walls of bree down with little or no effort. What he didn’t know was if he could kill what was behind the wall. He had seen about 12 men run into the walls of bree after they killed the orcs, but what if there were more inside? For all he knew there could be hundreds of them.

Ive killed hundreds before, i can do it again!

Yes, if i go ahead now, i could get an extra ration of food from gothmog for my bravery!

Ulgoth raised his iron hammer in one hand and his iron axe in the other. As he bellowed out his battle cry he heard shocked screams of women and children from bree.

Fear, fuel for my destruction!

He bored down on bree like a warg on its prey. He reached the gate and swung with all his might at the door.

CRUNCH!!

The door shattered as his hammer made contact. Behind the door he saw numerous men, some with bows and some with swords, and some too drunk to fight. Immediately the men closest to him screamed with fright and stumbled as far away as they could. Unfortunately for them, they werent fast enough.

Ulgoth swung his massive Axe at the men and it crunched as it shattered their bones. Three men fell dead at his feet. Ulgoth lifted his head from his first victims and saw archers readying thier bows to fire at him.

Ulgoth then charged at the archers, knowing that they could fire at any second.

TWANG! TWANG! TWANG! TWANG! TWANG!

Ulgoth felt the sting of the arrows as they glanced off of his thick, leathery hide. The archers gasped in horror as they realized that their arrows hadn’t drawn blood.

The massive Troll then used his momentum by swinging his massive cudgel at the archers. Two of them managed to duck out of the way before the hammer struck its mark. As for the others, they were struck with the force of a battering ram, they flew across the road and slammed into the wall of the prancing pony.

Then one of the men seemed to take charge as he shouted orders to the men, unfortunately, Ulgoth did not speak the tongues of men, he knew only the language of mordor. None the less, Ulgoth knew they were organizing a counter strike with their remaining forces, but he had no idea what it was.....
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:32 pm
Dunaglar watched in horror as the troll continued his rage on Bree. As his friend Kyldon kept uttering plans to him he had already laid down the base work, now all he needed were his flamed arrows.

“It is already taken care of my friend. As for food and water I have no idea you will have to talk to Barliman about that.”

He then ran out the door to try and aid those fighting this fearsome troll. He starting yelling at his archers on the second floor to set the streets aflame. He called a retreat into the buildings where they would try to quell the orcs that kept running into the city. Then he took most daring move of any of the warriors. Dunaglar leapt from a top floor window landing on the back of the troll. He grabbed at the collar around it’s neck to help keep his balance through the rampage of this beast. Through this madness he was hoping someone could get a good neckshot on the beast. How much he could on no one knows........
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:10 pm
Ulgoth continued his frenzied rage on bree and its inhabitants completely unchallenged until one brave soldier pounced on his neck from above.

Only one other soldier had ever attempted to ’ride’ Ulgoth in battle. Ulgoth hurled that soldier nearly 30 feet into a wall of stone, and he planned to do the same thing to this one.

Ulgoth reached behind his neck and as he did so he felt a prick in his left hand. When he looked down at it he realized the man on his back had stabbed him with a small dagger.

You’re gonna regret that!

Ulgoth reached once again and seized the brave little warrior from off his back. He then held him out in front of himself as a sort of human shield from the arrows, Ulgoth expected the archers to hit him on accident, but they were too skilled for that.

Realizing that the archers werent going to slip up by shooting their own companion, Ulgoth hurled the soldier at the group or archers. They all tumbled to the ground in a heap.

Amazingly, the thrown soldier lept to his feet and appeared unharmed. Ulgoth could not believe his eyes, he had thrown that wretched man 15 feet into a company of archers, and yet he survives.

A challenge, I like this one.

Ulgoth charged once again at the archers and as he did so hurled his axe at the upper balcony of a local building, causing it to crumble onto a few drunken soldiers.

That man must be their leader, i must slay him! If you want to kill the snake, chop off its head!

Ulgoth barreled through the men in front of him and headed straight for the leader, the man he had thrown, in an attempt to kill him. Ulgoth swung his mighty hammer at the man, but at the last second, something incredible happened.....
"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:47 pm
Silvar had been lying in one of the beds of the Pony when the attack began. He slowly got up and locked his door. He went back to his bed, but placed his sword by his side. He attempted to rest, but sleep would not come to him. A while later he heard the cry:

"Troll!" Silvar sneered. He knew that he could handle a dumb brute like that, but he decided to stay in bed.

The earth shook with the force of the battle, jarring Silvar from his sleep. Annoyed, he took his sword and strapped it to his hip. He sheathed his knife and strung his bow. He slowly opened the door, listening closely to the sounds of the battle below. He fitted an arrow to the string, and smiled in anticipation of the kill. He rushed around the corner and quickly fired three arrows, each of which found their marks. As he fired more arrows with apparent ease, he surveyed the area. He noticed many dunedain rangers fighting side by side against the advancing horde, and for a moment he was touched by their detemination, but the moment soon passed.

They are all doomed.

He placed his bow in its place by his quiver and drew his sword. Quickly, he advanced upon a pair of Uruks. By the time they noticed him, he was already upon them. His sword whirled in a flash of steel. Two heads fell to the floor. Snarling, Silvar threw himself at two more uruks, and another two after that. Soon he was covered with blood, but whether it was his or the enemies, he could not tell.

He barrelled into the street, and saw a dunadain ranger bravely attempting to fight a troll. He watched as the soldier was flung from the trolls back into a company of archers. He drew his arm back as the troll prepared to smash the ranger with his hammer. Steel flashed in the air. The troll let loose a mighty yell as Silvar’s sword made a mighty gash in his hand. The blade buried itself in a wall near the troll. Silvar drew his bow again, and fired arrow after arrow at the troll, but to no avail. It was advancing upon him. Suddenly, the ranger Silvan thought had fallen threw him his sword. Side by side, the two advanced upon the troll.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:32 pm
Ulgoth bellowed in pain, what appeared to be an elf had struck him with a well aimed blow to the head. Ulgoth’s pride was more hurt than his body. He tore the sword from his head and hurled it at two of the men. It skewered them like hogs.

He then retrived his hammer, which he had dropped when he was struck by the sword, and charged at another group of men. There were two of them and they were fighting a berzerker. With one massive swing of his hammer, both the men and the berzerker were hurding through the air where they slammed into the side of a building and it colapsed on them.

He should’ve moved

Ulgoth felt no guilt about slaying a minion on his own side, in his sight, it was just another worthless orc. The elf and man who appeared to be the leaders then yelled at the others to retreat into one of the buildings.

Fools, i bashed the gate to this rat hole in one blow, what makes them think i can’t shatter that building!

Ulgoth chased after the retreating men and managed to catch up to a group of 6 or so of them. He swung his hammer downwards in one fell swoop and took out their legs. They fell and scrambled for cover, the elf and man leader had already made it inside the building and were already sealing the door. Ulgoth reached down and picked up two of the men in one hand and hurled them at the wall of the building the retreating men had entered.

CRASH!!

The men yelled as the bodies shattered through the wooden walls. Ulgoth then spotted a pair of uruk hai bearing a battering ram. He grabbed it and hurtled it at the buildings foundation.

CRUNCH!!

The foundations crumbled and the men yelled as they attempted to escape the falling debris. The man leaders crashed through the upper story window and landed on their feet. The elf dove out of the lower story door and rolled onto his feet.

It was now a Troll and twenty uruk-hai versus two men and an elf. The men and elf seemed doomed, until one of them did something unthinkable.....
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:41 pm
Silvan was pleasantly surprised at the bravery and cunning the troll was showing.

Finally, an opponent worth my time.

He was momentarily separated from the ranger as the troll began smashing down the building they were hiding in. He dove out of the door and nimbly rose to his feet, drawing his sword once more. Two men now stood by his side. For a moment, fear crept over him, but it soon vanished. Death would be a blessing after a life like this. Calmly sheathing his sword and drawing his knife, he advanced toward the troll. The men started after him, but he waved a hand towards the uruk-hai, his meaning clear.

Take care of them, this one’s mine.

The troll seemed to be confused at the elf’s bravery, but it overcame it by simply deciding to crush him beneath his mighty hammer. The trull swung downwards, and Silvan barely dodged, with a nimble sidestep. Moving quickly, he raced up the troll’s arm. The troll held its arm steady, choosing instead to try to batter Silvan with its other mighty fist. Silvan dove off the beast’s arm, throwing his dagger into the creature’s eye. He was hit in the side by its punch, but the damage had been done. Silvan winced as he felt his ribs crack. The troll stumlbed back, blinded and enraged. Flailing about, it killed many uruks, but the men wisely stayed out of its way. Blood spewing from his mouth, silvan lay on the ground, waiting for death to come.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:56 pm
Ulgoth was confused. Most enemies just turned and ran when they saw him, this elf was different.

hahaha, i can kill this elf with one swing of my arm!

Ulgoth swung at the elf with his hammer, the elf dodged. He tried again with his hand, trying to crush the elf, again, it dodged the blow. The elf, in the blink of an eye, ran up the trolls arm and stabbed Ulgoth in the bottom of his left eye socet.

The Troll roared in pain and in his anguish, used all his strength to slam his fist into the ribcage of his assailant. He could feel the shattering of the elfs ribs and the cracking of his hips and the softness of his internal organs as his fist pummeled into the elfs side. The elf screamed a blood curdling scream and flew 20 feet and landed in the middle of the road, far away from the fighting.

Ulgoth knew it was only a matter of time until the elf died.

Now it was time to slay the men....
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:01 am
Silvan’s vision became blurred... he could hardly feel the pain of his shattered body.

It is time.

Suddenly, a dunedain ranger knelt beside him and tore open his shirt.

"Don’t move!" The ranger said. The ranger used his knife to cut strips from Silvans shirt and used them to bind his side. Silvan coughed once, heavily, and blood splattered the ranger’s cloak. The ranger poured a strange medicine down Silvan’s throught, and the coughing abruply stopped.

"Wait for it to do its work, then rejoin the fight!" The ranger said, and drew his sword. Silvan put his head back, and waited...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Cobra
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:48 am
From a high window of the Prancing Pony, Elendun surveyed the streets below. The battle was not going well. The rangers were fighting valiantly, but the Orcs were far too numerous, and the strength of not one but TWO huge Trolls could not be denied. If Bree was to be saved, some advantage was needed, and fast.

The time had come for drastic action. Elendur tore a chunk of wood from the windowsill, doused it in a forgotten mug of ale, set it alight, and hurled it out into the street below. Despite his wounded shoulder, the ranger’s aim was true, for when the burning wood landed the flames suddenly leapt higher.

Elendur cried out in the Elven tongue, "Rangers, to the rooftops!"

The alcohol and oil that had been poured along the streets burst into flame. Men and Elves dashed to the buildings and scrambled up away from the fire, fitting arrows to the string as they climbed. The servants of the Enemy shrieked and howled in dismay, while the defenders cheered with renewed confidence. Bowstrings twanged and arrows zipped through the suddenly bright streets.

Elendur smiled. His own quiver was empty, but it mattered little, for the rangers now had two crucial advantages: high ground, and light to shoot by. The tide of battle had turned.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing