LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:56 am
To Silvan, it felt as if the bindings the ranger had put on him were tightening. He could feel it pushing his splintered bones back together. He gasped aloud, for the pain was terrible. For a moment, all was dark.

When Silvan awoke a moment later, he found that the pain had been reduced to a dull throb. He stood up, and saw another ranger toss a flaming piece of wood into the streets. The ranger shouted something Silvan could not hear. Silvan saw the flames spreading fast, and the rangers were climbling to the roofs and shooting down the Uruks.

The battle is won.

Silvan raced down an alleyway to avoid the spreading flames. But when he came around a corner, he found himself confronted by many uruk-hai. Turning, he ran with all possible speed through the gates of the city, closely pursued by the uruk-hai.

But the elf was quick on his feet and qucikly outran them. He looked back upon the burning city and decided to run further. Little did he know that his race would carry him through rohan, and on to his homeland of Mirkwood.

A homeland he feared to return to.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:54 am
Ulgoth watched as the elf amazingly recovered from the drastic blow he had made, he was in shock that any potion made by any race could heal at that quick of a rate.

No matter, ive nearly killed him once, i can do it again, but this time i wont fail!

Ulgoth watched as one of the rangers climbed to the top of the roof, lit a fire, and threw it on the battle field. The uruks immediately panicked. Ulgoth however, had more experience. He watched again as the rangers began to pick off the uruks, one by one with thier bows.

Two can play at this ranged fighting game!

Ulgoth realized that if he was going to stand a chance he had to fight from range. He picked up his hammer and hurled it at the rangers. The lead one saw it in time and jumped out of his perch to prevent from being hit. The hammer weighed more than all of them combined and it crushed them to death under its massive weight.

The ranger reached for an arrow, but remembered he had none, he looked around his surroundings for a weapon, suddenly, he spotted an uruk-crossbow.

He rolled on his side and grasped the crossbow in one fluid motion and shot it directly at the face of Ulgoth.

The mighty troll roared in pain as the bolt pierced his cheek and went into his mouth. He could taste the iron tip as he ran his tongue across the arrowhead.

I swear, I’ll Kill you for that!!

Ulgoth charged at the ranger, full speed, only to have the ranger jump nimbly out of the way at the last second. Ulgoth begain collecting the bodies of the fallen uruk-hai and men and began hurling them at the ranger. The man dodged many, but eventually one of the uruk-hai met its mark.

CRACK!!

The Uruk-hai armored body slammed into the ranger and knocked him back. The ranger was wounded and not moving. Ulgoth, however, assumed he was dead. As Ulgoth scanned the area for more surviving prey he decided there were none left that were worth his time to kill.

Ulgoth noticed something as he looked out on the horizon, an elf, the one who had stabbed him, fleeing from battle!

Coward! I knew he was not worthy to fight me! None the less, i will pursue him and slay him for what he did to me! Mark my words!

At this, Ulgoth collected his weapons and began his pursuit of the elf, leaving the wounded ranger to die...
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:49 am
Gagnut had been stabbed in the neck, but his pain was not comparable with his blind wrath, his orcs were thinning out, but they were thinning the lines of rangers to almost breaking point, the troll had stayed on the hilltop, where he had set up the camp, he had one of his shamans put herbs on his wounds, but it felt worse, he kill the unfortunate creature with a lightning blow to the head, his uruk-hai that were around the fire wished that they hadn’t, for their commander had just ran out of the camp running though the campfire and spraying embers on them.
It was easier to see into the city, because most of the northern wall was destroyed, he saw a troll, wounded in many places, standing in the street, he was trying to hack at a few men that ran into the inn, the men and elves had all ran to the building tops, they were doing something up there, but he couldn’t see. The foolish troll that was standing in the street was trying to break the sturdy door, when a liquid of some sort fell from the rooftops, the troll,(being stupid as it was a hill troll) was slightly confused but no more, the men had just dumped a vintage ale all over the troll, then they see a lone man, a man on top of the inn across the street, with an arrow, an arrow that was flaming, he shot, the troll went up in a blaze of flames that was dazzling. The flames quickly engulfed the troll, and it was no more, Gagnut had just lost a prized fighter, but he was going to make up for it.
He grabbed his hammer threw it at the man on top of the house, it missed, but it hit the wooden rail below him and sent a shower of splinters directed at the man, the man looked like he had died.
Then the troll picked up rocks from the wall and hurled they at the inn, the windows shattered, the roof was gone, his uruks went in ready to kill, but the men and elves were not there.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:32 am
Ulgoth continued to attack the men when he made one crucial mistake. He got too close to the window. The men poured ale all over him then quickly lit him on fire.

Thankfully, the brandywine river was naught 80 feet from the gate of bree. Ulgoth sprinted to the brandywine, and doused himself in it for a moment to stop the flames.

Ulgoth, your so stupid! How could you do that! Now, time to stop dily dalying and start pursuing that elf!

Ulgoth walked up the hill in the direction of where the elf had gone.

Lazy Uruks! Laying by their fire! And what is that Troll doing just standing there?

As Ulgoth walked by the fire he grabbed one of the uruks and tore its head off in his anger. The Troll began to object, but he quickly stopped when he saw that this was not the best time to get in a fight with Ulgoth.

Ulgoth planted his foot on the fire and it immediately went out. The remaining uruks complained but they soon decided, like the other Troll, this was not the time to fight with Ulgoth.

Come on you rats! Follow me! Were gonna follow that elf, and then, im gonna kill him! Hey you, troll, you can come too! But i warn you, do not get in my way!

With that, Ulgoth began his chase after the elf, expecing the others he had commanded to follow to follow behind him. None of them moved to follow Ulgoth.

I SAID COME WITH ME!!!

Immediately the uruks scampered over to follow him, afraid of what could happen if they refused. The troll also followed.

Into the woods they went, they marched day and night, fueled by Ulgoths hate of the elf. Until one day, they saw him, the elf was sitting by a fire all by himself.

I was hoping for a challenge, maybe having to kill 20 or 30 archers before i got to him, but no matter, i will kill him even in his defenseless state.

Little did Ulgoth know that the ranger he had left to die at Bree was not dead, in fact, he and a small group of four or so other rangers had been following Ulgoths troop for days.

Ulgoth then waited, waiting for darkness to come, for he was stronger in darkness. When the sun did go down he picked up his axe and hammer and ordered his troop to stay put.

RRRRROOOOOAAAAAARRRRR!!!!

Ulgoth bellowed out his battle cry and charged at the defenseless elf who lept in fright at the sight of the troll.

The elf was not ready to fight, he had removed his weapons and put them in his pack. As the elf scrambled to retrieve his sword, Ulgoth took a massive swing of his hammer.

CRUNCH!!

Ulgoth was pleased as he heard the elves ribcage crack.

I told you id find you and kill you, for what you did to me! And now it is time for you to die!

With that Ulgoth walked over to the writhing body of the elf and raised his axe above his head for the crushing blow. It was then that the rangers made their appearence...
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:20 pm
Gagnut was unimpressed with the other troll’s strength, yes, it was strong, it was thick too. Thick skin, think armor, thick head, Gagnut waited for the troll to go plunging into battle, that would be the distraction, then Gagnut would set troops all around the forest, there would be no survivors.
While Ulgoth was marching towards the elves, a nagging thought came to Gagnut’s head, what if the men had sent for help? Where were the men in the forest, they could be anywhere, the uruk scouts sent out would get shot in the woods, there was no knowing where they could come from Gagnut was waiting.

Ulgoth came back from prowling the woods, he had been ambused, he only had one eye, scores of wounds and was getting ready to do something. (PorterTroll I was thinking about killing off your character(again) but I think you should write about some thing like that)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:21 pm
Silvan was healed by the rangers, for his wounds were not as serious as the troll supposed. He thanked them, and ran deeper into the forest.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Gagnut
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:45 pm
Gagnunt sent his troops into the forest, they searched for hours, but they couldn’t find the elves.
His second in command(the troll) was wandering about in the forest when he saw smoke, he walked over to smoke, and saw that it was a fire,
"Fire" he roared, but it was too late, he was engulfed in flames. The uruk-hai were in the forest too, they had also seen the smoke, then the smoke quickly turned to flames, dark red flames that reached to the sky, for the forest was not a victim of nature, but of elves. The uruks had been running away frome the flames, but where ever they went, flame came up in front of them. They had nowhere to run to, they tried climing the trees, but then they were caught up in the fire’s wrathful hands, and smitten.
Gagnut’s army was gone, he had been trying to run from the flames, he had ran through the flames at one place, but he was exhaused he was at the end of his breath, his power, his forces...gone, gone into dust, then he died. But just before he died, he saw a man, with a sword, and an empty quiver.
Cobra
Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:08 pm
Elendun stood alone over the massive body of the dead troll. As the adrenaline rush left his system, he felt himself no longer a great warrior, but an old man again... An old man who had tasted too much of war and death.

As a young ranger, with dreams of glory in his head and a battle-song in his heart, Elendun might have called the Battle of Bree a great success. After all, two great Trolls and an army of Orcs and Uruks had all been repelled by no more than a few dozen rangers. But tonight, Elendun could think only of the ruined, burning village of Bree. He had failed to foresee the invasion, and to repel it he had been forced to set the town alight with his own hand. The townsfolk must think him a monster. He imagined Men and Hobbits cursing him, women silently weeping, and the betrayed faces of children asking why.

Elendun’s injuries were grave, and he felt his time had come. But before he died, he needed to return one last time to Bree, to explain and try to make amends. He was nearing the ruined city gates when, for the second time that night, he collapsed.

----------------

When he came to, he found himself gazing up at the friendly face of Barliman Butterbur. Raising his head, Elendun discovered that his wounds had been bandaged with great care, and to his surprise, there was a pile of flowers at his feet. Squinting into the dim light beyond, he could make out many faces whispering to each other. They did not look angry.

Elendun started to speak, but the barman shushed him. "Don’t talk. You have done great deeds tonight, Ranger, and we will not soon forget it. The doctor thinks you will die soon, and so the whole town is here to honor you. Our little city is in ruins, but we are alive and free, and will rebuild it." Barliman took Elendun’s hand, and others also stepped forward to touch him. "Thank you for all you have done."

His weapons and body were broken, but when Elendun died that night he finally had smile on his lips and peace in his heart. He thought it a very good trade.

End of story... thanks to all who participated!
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing