LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Pipeweed
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:28 am
Kyldon looked at the advancing wall of Mumakil with a face of grim horror yet determination. He saw the elf Tullin loose an arrow, and strike one of the Mumak commanders, who slumped with the missle protruding from his chest. He also saw that Silvan was on his feet, an arrow nocked in his string.

The young man took his bow from his back, and aimed very carefull at the mouth of a stampeding Mumak, hoping to shoot it up into the brain.

"Die now, servants of Sauron," he whispered in disgust, "fall back into Shadow and despair, for I, Kyldon Songblade have come to avenge the death of my family."

With that, he let fly his arrow.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
YourStinkenFace
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:34 am
Pustachio was eating a large supper inside the messy dining/living room of his small hole. He was there relaxing, totally obliverent to the world war going on leagues, and leagues away and that he would be dragged leagues, and leagues away to see a devastated and out of control world. He sighed and propped his head up against a dark green patterned pillow sipping at his tea.
Last edited by YourStinkenFace on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Hazael
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:37 am
A tingling sensation went down the spines of men as they saw the first of the beasts to fall. The moral was only short lived though as the mammoths drew closer. They raised their heads as they stampeded into the ranks of men and swung their massive tusks along the ground sweeping down a dozen soldiers in a single stroke.

Kyldon’s arrow found itself lodged in the thick hide of a mumak’s cheek as it swept its tusks violently at the men below.

Mahir was wounded, but the orders were still given. The first mumak was fallen, but the Haradrim continued without hesitation, fueled by the crys below.
Pipeweed
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:41 am
Kyldon looked in horror and realization at the situation before him. The line of Mumakil had broken their ranks, and they were without horses. Men flew high into the air, victims of the deadly Mumak beasts. In desperation, Kyldon realized that this was a foolish attempt.

"Retreat!" he called, "Retreat behind the eastern wall."

The men looked at him doubtfully, but followed his orders nonetheless, for the Dunedain prince commanded a certain respect from the Numenorean men.

"We will defend Osgiliath from behind her walls," he muttered to himself.

Within a quarter of an hour, the men of Numenor and the elves were behind the eastern wall of Osgiliath. The men of Harad, the trolls and the orcs had fallen back eastward to regroup. Kyldon had taken full charge of the defense of Osgiliath, and no man or elf questioned his unofficial leadership.

"We are under siege," he stated quite simply, "but hope is not yet lost. Fortify the eastern gate, and the wall as well. Make arrows, sharpen your swords, for the day has not waned over Osiliath."

Hazael
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:14 pm
The Southrons that fell from the howdah were ill prepared to fight hand-to-hand. It was thought, by Haradrim and by their foes, that the mumakil would never fall in battle. Few spears and halberds were posted on the towers for this use, and the archers that went down all perished.

Mahir knew that the men of Gondor and the elves that fought with them would put up a worthy fight, but this was new. The men and elves fought together with such bravery and determination never expected by sauron’s forces.
The armies of Haradrim gathered forces on ground as well as on howdah. They came with hundreds of halberds sharpened with same precision found only on the arrow tips in the Haradrim and Elvish quivers. The soldiers of the south are not armored like the knights of Gondor, but fight with swift motions and mercyless aggression.
Last edited by Hazael on Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:23 pm
Silvan stood in the battlements of the eastern wall, arrow fitted to the string, watching and waiting for the next attack to come. For a moment, he was alone. He thought back to the last great battle he had fought in, at his home in Mirkwood. He remembered how he was forced to kill another elf, something that, however evil this elf was, still sickened him.

If I can fell elves and mirkwood spiders, these Southron men will be no problem.

Tightening his resolve, he looked over the battlements.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tuilin was on the eastern wall . He had killed a commander and another 2 mumaks were dead that left 4 mumaks fighting He was at a small gap which men were pouring into. "actually he though this gap isn’t to small"(it was 30 feet) . Tuilin was shooting arrows into the onrushing men. 10 Easterlings ran toward him he hit 3 with arrows and then flung himself into the fray with a ranger. Slash! Clang! Clunk! the sound of combat reached his ears he cut an easterlings staff in two and did the same to the easterling. He leapt out of the way of another one and brought his sword down on its head. The ranger lay dead as well 3 easterlings around him. the remaing 2 charged together. Tuilin flipped out of the way drew his bow and an arrow and fired. The now dead easterlings companion stood stunneed for a moment. That was all Tuilin needed with inhuman speed an arrow was on his bow and in the easterling’s throat.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gagnut
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:22 pm
Gagnut, as being a troll of harad, was marching with a company of half-trolls from far away at the girdle of Arda. He liked the company of mumaks better than the other trolls. THe sounds of battle were closer now that they were making thier way towards pelonar from the south, they had met other companys that were faster going than the slow trolls.
Their company went over a hill, they looked, and they saw the masses of sauron’s forces scattered over the plains, they where going to see action.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:15 pm
Silvan let loose arrow after arrow at the invaders. But for each one he felled, it seemed to more rose to take his place. And the men of osgiliath were slowly being driven back. Silvan reached down to discover that he had only one arrow left in his quiver. It was then that he saw a band of trolls coming over a hill. He raised his bow, aimed, and let fly.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pipeweed
Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:23 pm
The forces defending Osgiliath were in disarray. Trolls now came over the hill, Haradrim were ready to fight from the ground, and Sauron’s orcs came with rams and weapons of siege to raze the eastern wall of Osgiliath.

In a vain attempt, Kyldon struggled to get the elves and the Gondorian knights under his command, but he failed. Only his Dunedain company still followed him. It was every man for himself, and the siege had begun.

Kyldon turned to shout an order to the Dunedain when his words were caught in his throat: A stray Mumakil was galloping towards the eastern wall, and would raze it alone . . .

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing